cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't see my network devices

onlywifi
Community Member

I need to be able to edit the names of wifi clients that get added to the network and see their IP and MAC address.
I add a lot of devices that have no local interface for showing that type of information, so I'm completely dependent on the router to provide it.
In the month or two since I last had to add one of these wifi clients, the app seems to have been redesigned in a way that removed my ability to see the list of the wifi clients with their MAC address and IP.
Now the closest I can get is to go into the DHCP settings in the 'set static IP' dialog and pick from the unassigned devices with names like "Unnamed device" and see its MAC address.
I used to consult that list to find wifi clients that were using a lot of bandwidth, and to find newly added devices. It would also show whether a wifi client was currently connected the network. Now all of that information and functionality that is pretty core to a router's purpose seems to have been removed.

Am I just not looking in the right place or did they really just kneecap the router functionality?

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can still find those details by following these steps:

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. Tap the Favourites tab at the bottom.
  3. Tap the Wifi button at the top.
  4. Tap Devices.
  5. Tap a device to see it's MAC address and IP address.