Sorry for the issues you're seeing with your WiFi connections. As we multiple reports coming in on this, I've gone ahead and pushed it to one of our internal teams for review. As they take a look at the problem, I'll update here with any new info I learn. Please feel free to share any troubleshooting efforts you make and if there are any changes in your situation over time.
Thanks a lot, Jeff.
This is not a new defect. It has been for two years at least from a software upgrading. I have tried several troubleshooting methods as follows, but the defect is not fixed:
Personally, I assume that this is a bug of the upgraded software versions from years ago. If the software version could be degraded, it might be helpful to find the bug.
Thanks for the info on what you've done in regards to troubleshooting so far. It helps. I'm still waiting for more answers, but I'm hoping to hear more this week about ongoing issues.
Just as an update, we're still looking into this issue and as of yet we don't have a solution. I just wanted to touch base so you would know that you haven't been forgotten. In the meantime if anything else changes about your situation, please feel free to update us in the thread.
As an update for you all, I wanted to let you know that we have a firmware update coming out now. Some people may have already received the update, but most will see it coming still. Everyone will have it before the end of April. If you receive that update and don't see an improvement in your issues here, please let me know and we can keep looking into things.
The update version for both Google WiFi and Nest WiFi will be 14150.43.80. If you are seeing a different version number when you check in Google Home, you have yet to receive the updated firmware. Let me know if you have any questions about that.
I found this thread after recently experiencing intermittent high latency. I don't know the exact date it started, but it was probably within the past two weeks. I have the AC-1304 system and the software version is 14150.43.80.
I initially noticed the problem while playing online games, but it's also noticeable just browsing the web. After reading this thread and suspecting a software/load problem on the router, I ran a ping trace to the router. Although I didn't see any packet loss and most ping times were in the 1-4ms range, there were frequently response times as high as 300ms (but more typically in the 50ms-150ms range).
I have reset my router around 5 times in the past couple of weeks to try and clear the issue, but it keeps coming back. I haven't yet tried a factory reset, but I'm considering it. Prior to this, I haven't had a problem or needed to reset the router since I have had it (~ 4 years).
Any chance this latest patch caused this problem?
Same issue. AC-1304 with newer version is 14150.43.81. Same intermittent connection loss that seems to have started a month or so ago (4/1?). Seems to correct after about 5 minutes, and I've tried resetting the mesh hubs, etc.
Twice in the past month I've Factory Reset all my devices, changed SSID and Password just as a precaution, yet I continue to have issues with lost connection. I move my television to a hardwired connection on the ISP router, I move my laptop to the wifi from their router, internet is fine, however I continue to have issues with my Google network.
I thought based on above this was resolved?
To complicate things when I ask for support I'm either told they aren't available and will get back to me (crickets) or I get support and the answer is to Factory Reset. That is not a viable long term solution.
It has been two months since I upgraded the software version and it works fine to me until now. I'd like to share the my using hope can help others:
Some issues of the new software version (rarely):
Just found this thread today. I’m on 14150.43.81 and am having the dropping / ridiculously slower speeds than expected. Reset my Google wifi and two points and had issues getting it set back up (until I deleted my iOS Google Home app and reinstalled that too) but now that I’m set back up, I’m having the same issues. The mesh test looks OK, download/upload speeds to the main Google Wifi point are in the 800/800 range (as I would expect for my FiOS). I also have a hardwire LAN connection coming out of the main router point and am getting proper speeds from that. Anyone have any updates as to why the wifi potion of the Google Wifi would have gotten so bad? I’ve only noticed it in the last couple of weeks.
Having tried to find a resolution to the issue and failed I have given up and sent the lot back.
Just installing TP Link Deco X60 which so far has far better wall penetration despite only one unit being on line so far.
Sorry Google, we all need 100% reliable connection. Checking firmware and rebooting / resetting just does not cut it.
My issues have largely gone away but my "fix" certainly isn't ideal, and sort of ruins the point of mesh wifi imho. I now have all 3 of my Google wifi devices hardwired into ethernet jacks (the primary device's WAN plugged into the FiOS box, then the LAN port of the primary device goes into an ethernet splitter than I then link in to the WAN of the other two Google wifi pucks). My connectivity issues have been nearly zero since I made this change and the speeds are much more reasonable as well. What I suspect was happening was that since the other two pucks were struggling to get the wifi signal from the primary device and *then* having to broadcast that already spotty signal, that things just weren't going well. Now since every puck has hardwired internet, it can focus all of its energy just on broadcasting. I'm sure my technical language here isn't 100% spot on but that's the gist of it, I hope!
Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.