cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Mesh Dropping Wifi

AJInue
Community Member

Hello, I've had my google nest/mesh system for over 2 years in this house.  Last week I noticed that there was internet loss of connectivity and today working from home was impossible.  My camera froze repeatedly and hitched.  I dropped internet and lacked access.  

I sat on the phone with Comcast for an hour (i deserve sympathy for that) while they cycled my router multiple times and confirmed it was a bridge connection.  Again this is the first time in 2 years I've seen this type of issue and the only thing I changed on my network was adding a PS5.   I turned it off in the hopes that was the impact.  No such luck.   Comcast is coming by in a few days but I am starting to suspect it's the google system as it's the only one losing internet.  I've reset all the nodes.   I've reset the entire system.  I've done online research and it looks like this firmware has posed problems to others, can you give me any updates and/or recommendations?  Why would this just start up a few days ago after years of perfection?  (Software Version:  14150.376.32)

1 REPLY 1

Apsilon778
Community Member
  • If you have the gateway as bridged with the router thats one thing down, but have comcast verify your configuration in person just to be safe.
  • Have you tried setting DNS to something static 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4? Set this to ISP, does it improve? 
  • Now you're saying your wifi is dropping now is it the connection to the network or the internet?
  • When you boot on the modem did have all devices unplugged from the gateway?
  • Does the gateway register any downtime in the logs? Any signifcant errors?

I wouldn't conclude on the firmware so quickly but then again come to think...I did have firmware fail to patch on a router before with a netgear and was treated like I was crazy from their support lol.

Google support is there if you need it , but I will say it used to be a heck of a lot better back when this product line launched. 

Best regards,
Apsilon
"I fight for the users"