I am having issues with my Nest WiFi primary network. Several devices in my home (Sonos speakers, ecobee thermostat, printer, …) used to work fine on my primary network, but all of a sudden they cannot connect to it anymore. Or they connect for a few seconds, and they loose connection. If I switch them over to my guest network they work just fine. Some other devices (such as laptops, PCs, iPad, and iPhones) can connect to the primary network just fine. I have a nest Wi-Fi router plus 3 Wi-Fi points; the test mesh indicates excellent connectivity for all the points. I already tried to factory reset my network and devices, the issue remained the same.
There is a new firmware rolling out, what firmware do your pucks have?
Previous version is from june 2021, I'm still on that one:
Firmware is upgraded automatically, in stages. Nothing we can do about it.
Have you enabled WPA3 recently? For older devices it could help to disable this, even though enabling WPA3 also keeps WPA2 enabled as fallback.
Have you tried assigning specific IP addresses to these devices? Either inside Google Home app, or on the device itself.
Have you tried setting DNS server settings on the devices themselves?
Any other recent changes?
Any other components in your network that could interfere? Like other routers or access points?
WPA3 is disabled, and I did try to assign specific IP addresses for those devices, with the same result. I have not changed DNS server settings on the devices themselves, though. What type of changes should I try to make? Thanks for the help.
I did try to remove all devices from the network and add one of the devices giving issues, but did not help. I don’t have any other router or access point. Just my modem (same one for a couple of years) and the nest Wi-Fi router plus access points. No change I can think of over the last few months.
Roger that. For DNS, I thought you could try some different public DNS. For instance, my Mill Heat ovens says CloudFlare DNS (22.214.171.124) won't work during setup, while Google DNS (126.96.36.199) does. Thats a strange one though.
But try Google DNS and/ or CloudFlare DNS at least. Could help.
What devices, brand and model, are we talking about here?
I’ll give DNS a shot and let you know.
I have several devices that now lose connection after 10-20 seconds, which worked fine until a few weeks ago. A brother Wi-Fi printer (worked fine with google nest Wi-Fi for more than two years), two thermostats (ecobee lite 3), and Sonos beam soundbar. My iPhone 12, my iPad Air, my laptops (3 of them), a ring doorbell, an LG TV, and a desktop PC instead work without issues.
@olavrb, thanks for the help!
@Icarus, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with some of your devices. I'd love to know more about this and I have a few questions:
Looking forward to your response.
There are no paused devices.
I do not have any other routers other than the google router. The google router is connected directly to my modem, a netgear cm600. No changes were recently made to my setup, which has been working fine for over 2 years, until very recently when these issues began.