I am getting very low bandwidth on MS teams conferencing (sent video 0.06Mbps and 320x180 resolution) despite having a fast broadband connection - this is a critical issue for me as I work from home full time and have had this issue for over a year!
I connected to a separate wifi network (4G wifi puck) and get 2Mbps and 1080 resolution so the problem isn't the laptop or the configuration of teams.
- regularly test my cable broadband and get 56M down 12M up
- tried connecting with WiFi (laptop is 4m from google wifi router) and ethernet connected to switch downstream of the google wifi router - didnt make a difference
- have turned off prioritisation of video conferencing - didnt make a difference
- disabled GPU hardware acceleration in Teams as this is a known issue - didnt make a difference
- I bought a new Nest Wifi and reset and reconfigured the entire network - didnt make a difference
- I dont have a double NAT issue as my configuration is: Broadband Modem > Google Nest Wifi > Switch > 3x Google Wifi Pucks
Sorry for the issues you've been having with your video conferencing. That sounds like a frustrating experience. Let's take a look at this and get this worked out for you. I did have a quick question. Are you seeing the same speed issues for MS Teams across multiple devices, or is it isolated to a single device? Is that something you've been able to test thus far?
Let me know and we can dive into this. Thanks.