cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi firmware 13729.57.27 frequently disconnected to the internet

FWCA
Community Member

Previously, I reported that M89 firmware on Google Wifi lost connection to the internet every other day (https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/116896459/m89-firmware-is-unstable-on-google-wifi?hl=en).  Starting 9/18/2021, my Google Wifi keeps on losing connection to the internet a few times a day.  I checked the firmware and it has been changed to 13729.57.27.  This is worse than M89.  Google engineers, please take a look.

184 REPLIES 184

iggypapa
Community Member

Same issue here. Single router, no mesh. Streaming on ChromeCast drops about once an hour, and Google Fi calls regularly degrade or drop. I moved the router next to my desk and the ChromeCast but it hasn't helped. I noticed the Nest flipping rapidly between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz so I'm guessing it's jumping channels aggressively. I've had the router for about two years and haven't had these issues until last month. I sent logs off to Google.

Trent41
Community Member

I have the same exact problem with four Google nest Wi-Fi routers (vs points) configured together and backhauled to the network switch via wire connections . Have been rock solid for the last 2 years and over the last 3 to 4 weeks has been complete trash. Took the extreme step of deleting and rebuilding my Wi-Fi network just to find the problem returned several hours after the initial configuration.  My devices are also on this same mentioned firmware that others are noting here.  Does anyone know what the frequency is of updates to these devices, and when the next one might be pushed out??

Crow
Community Member

Same issue. Please advise when fix can be released!!!

Etnixonlap
Community Member

Same issue here. It's making working from home almost impossible 

gogog22510
Community Member

Same issue here. Is there any ETA for the fix?

pgomersbach
Community Member

I Had the same problem, disabling the priority device fix it.

Frogman
Community Member

Google Wifi keeps on losing connection to the internet a few times a day.  It was working flawless up till now. Then I check the firmware and it has been changed to 13729.57.27. I had to reset the googl nest router a few times to get it to work again. Switching it on and of did not work. Just now the guest Network stopped working and won't come back on. Disaster, kids doing school work and working from home. Is there any update on a fix for this. 

Do you use a priority device? Try disabling it.

Nope.... tried everything to rule it all out. Was workin perfect until ..57.27 firmware. 

Same problem for months.

alexloo11
Community Member

What's crazy is this has been a long known issue and still nothing from the google team in fixing this issue. Here's another bunch of posts experiencing the same issues we are all facing with these expensive nest wifi routers and points. Maybe some community mod can merge these posts as everyone is having the same **bleep** issue, wifi points keep dropping internet. https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Wifi/Google-nest-Wi-Fi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnect...

Mjfoley3
Community Member

I’ve been having the same issue of dropped connections across the main router and points for 2-3 weeks. No issues prior. Maybe enough posts will get enough attention for an update on that fix??

Mikedd87
Community Member

Same for us. Same version of firmware, pucks are rebooting 4 to 5 times a day, minimum. They are flashing orange/yellow when all devices get booted.

jtollet
Community Member

Mine are not rebooting. Wifi goes down and comes back later. However, If I check the uptime, I can see that there's no reboot. Also, If I plug an ethernet wire, puck is working fine over the wired connection after DHCP exchange ...

rustywater
Community Member

Same issue here, this has been ongoing for weeks and it's making it impossible to work. Back and forth with support directly did not lead to any resolutions. Are there any updates on the "fix" that's in the works? Network drops at least once an hour.

I reported this issue in twitter (https://twitter.com/TolletJerome/status/############2728126467). I'll keep you posted if that goes somewhere ...

jtollet
Community Member

I have that too. The only solution I found is to connect my laptop with an ethernet wire on an AC-1304...

Mben678
Community Member

Same issue for me.  Please fix asap, causing me a lot of problems 

Keenan
Community Member

Having the same issue ... Google you need to fix this or I need to return the devices ... Can't work from home with these. 

Evenstar
Community Member

Have been having constant issues recently and I'm also on this firmware!

Been pretty smooth for the first 1.5 years since purchase. Yes there were random outages on my cameras, but just here and there for less than an hour. Nothing that didn't resolve itself quickly.

All of a sudden, I've had to do two factory resets since Thanksgiving to bring the network back online. This is on top of the random intermittent slow or no connections that make the network functionally nonexistent and sometimes resolve unexplainably over time or with a network reset.

Ruling out ISP since stepmom, who is in the same house but different flat, has had no issues with ISP rented router/modem whenever we are experiencing issues.

Please fix this before wife follows through with threat to throw the nest router out the window. 

How about you can take me to school today because I am I am y

cupidfallsfarm
Community Member

i gave up. Has anyone had any experience with the Orbi system. I have to do something. i cant keep running this junk

Please update the community if it works fine with orbi.

rflessner
Community Member

Having same issue with my Google Nest Wifi mesh setup....

joespartan
Community Member

The past couple of months, our Google Nest SUCKS!  I have a large family who depends on the connection.  Furthermore, I am a federal contractor currently working from home.  The disconnects are numerous and happens on most devices, not just one.  I am tired of rebooting the modem/router and disconnecting/reconnecting **bleep**.  Please fix this issue!  I thought you Google guys were geniuses? I guess not.

cupidfallsfarm
Community Member

hey siri, can you help google fix their their junk.......please

youngbamboo
Community Member

Ahh you guys are so mean haha. I just returned and used my old ASUS router, which has much better performance. I adjusted the antenna angle to minimize the signal loss from 1 st floor to 3rd floor. Now the speed test on 3rd floor  shows me that there is almost no signal loss when the router is on 1st floor. So for some house there is no need to use mesh. Just make sure there is no metal between your work station and router. 

ArtemLygin
Community Member

Same stuff since late December 2021. WAN interface flapping multiple times per day. Can be stable for a 30 minutes, but can flap 3-4 times per minute

andy617
Community Member

I too had problems with google Wifi dropping connections over the pass couple of weeks, I had the system running smoothly with just 2 router, 1 in the basement and 1 on the second floor (mesh connect was great on the second floor. However 2 week ago I started to have issue where my 2nd floor wifi point started having weak signal and d/c every so often. I thought it was a bad wifi point, so I went to best buy and bought another 2 pack installed an additional one in the 1st floor and replacing the second floor. The issue did not resolved it self my connection on the second floor still show weak signal even though I added an additional wifi point on the 1st floor... This is getting very frustration to do presentation with a bunch or coworkers and having your internet cut out! It's ridiculous!
Google Nest TEAM - please identify the issue and fix it! this is what we get from you as a Christmas present?

DarylA
Community Member

I’ve had my google nest mesh WiFi  connected to smart plugs which disconnect it for a minute every day. I’ve been doing this for a year now and it has helped the stability with a forced reboot. However recently it’s not been enough with frequent hang-ups whilst my service provider router is working fine. My smart home has about 40 devices connected, so when everything stops it’s not so smart! Im beginning to wish I’d not invested so heavily in this technology. 

ddrum29
Community Member

SAME ISSUE AROUND THE SAME TIME AS EVERYONE ELSE. Really annoying since I also have wifi cams etc

gogog22510
Community Member

wtfgoogle1
Community Member

Is there any update on this issue? This has been going on for weeks. We paid good money for these devices, only to have something that Google did with the firmware significantly reduce the functionality.  

IgnacioPelizzar
Community Member

I have the same problem! A few weeks ago started  to be a problem !!! Google I can’t work like this !!! Need a solution immediately!!!!!

VinceB73
Community Member

Same here, just purchase the duo Nest Wifi, and really disappointed so far...i went back to my On Hub Asus until they fix it,

mrkumar9001
Community Member

For me, using the Nest Router caused internet outages multiple times a day. I switched the "router" to be a Google WiFi puck (that is I plugged the modem into the Google WiFi router instead and completely unplugged the Nest Router). That seemed to fix all my intermittent connection problems. Hopefully that helps any of you who are currently using the Nest Router and have a spare Google WiFi puck laying around.

Note: Changing the router requires a network reset I think. At least I personally had to re-setup the whole mesh network when switching to the Google WiFi puck.

Anthony4
Community Member

I have a google Nest Wifi for more than a year and problem started somewhere mid 2021.. and keep getting worse.

I currently have this firmware and losing the internet connection multiple time a week. The google Nest LED shows that everything is working fine + Modem status shows no failure, but still loosing internet access.

Contacted the support which does not seem to have any clue about this issue. 

i have the same problem. all pucks must be disconnected to get a simple connection working after firmware 13729.57.27 was pushed and did a reboot to all pucks. 

I've factory reset all the pucks too. either "mesh" or "wired" is broken! must remove power from all end pucks, and only use the sole AP/router!

valentasn
Community Member

how to rollback to previous firmware version?!?

I think no one is fixing this bug and they don't give a **bleep** about customers.

**bleep** YOU! Google.