cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi - networked mesh - Airprint not working

airwave
Community Member

Hi,

I have a Google Wifi as a mesh setup with one router as a master and 2 wifi endpoints conntected to the master via ethernet. The master node is then connected to the internet router.

On the wifi I have a HP Pagewide 477 printer with scanner and from my MacBook M1 (also on the network) I want to scan documents from the pagewide. It was not possible to autodetect the printer so I had to manually add it.

I still can not access the scanner, as the Mac OS X app states -> Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)

I can ping the printer without problems and get diagonstic infos. I also can print from the macbook so that function works.

From what I have learned from the internet is, that MacOS X uses Airprint as a base technology to allow scanning of documents. Could it be, that the Google Wifi does not support it? Am I missing something in my setup, that prevents the autodetection and scanning of airprint devices?

1 REPLY 1

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Seems Nest Wifi and AirPrint ain't best friends, but people have gotten it to work. See past threads for more info:

I don't work for Google.