09-10-2022 07:22 PM
My google router says it is offline, but when you select the device icon in google home app, the router is online and connected to 4 points. Seems like this is a recurrent issue by reading through the threads. And it doesn’t bother me that it says the router is offline so long as it is still working. But the coverage seems to come and go in my house. Even when the google app says the points are connected and running fine. Speed check also looks good, despite not being able to get good connection.
I’ve enabled IPv6 and even shut off the wifi on the AT&T router with no improvement.
Wondering if anyone else has any suggestions?
09-11-2022 10:14 AM
Unfortunately I don’t have a solution for you but I’m experiencing the same thing
09-12-2022 07:49 AM
This is an issue many have been experiencing lately. Based on previous threads it seems to be related to IPv6 in Nest Wifi, but I don't know for sure what causes it. Hopefully we'll have a firmware update that fixes it soon, but no word on that from Google yet.
Least to most "destructive" things to test:
• Pull down to refresh inside the Google Home app home screen.
• Try to power cycle at least the main/ master puck.
• Try to disable then enable Nest Wifi Cloud Services from the Google Home app. Wi-Fi (icon) -> Settings (icon) -> Privacy settings -> Nest Wifi Cloud Services.
• Try to disable IPv6. Wi-Fi (icon) -> Settings (icon) -> Advanced networking -> IPv6.
Other relevant things to check:
• While using the Google Home app for Nest Wifi, make sure you don't have any VPN services connected. This includes "Apple iCloud Private Relay" ( https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212614 ).
• If on iPhone, make sure the Google Home app has been granted permission for "local network support" ( https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7172427?hl=en ).
• Make sure you don't run double NAT: Any router in front of Nest Wifi should be in bridge mode, as Nest Wifi itself is a router with NAT, firewall and DHCP.
09-15-2022 12:13 PM
I just wanted to jump in real fast to see if you saw olavrb's reply and to see if you still needed some help on this or if you were able to get it sorted out. If you are still needing some help, just let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping.
09-15-2022 12:37 PM
I solved the problem. I had to make some additional changes to the modem in order to make the nest compatible. I found a helpful post on the att forum when I looked up “how to make att router work with google wifi”.
09-15-2022 12:52 PM
That's great Csh1977. I'm happy to hear that you were able to figure things out and find the information here on the community forums. Before I mark this as resolved, is there anything else you might need?
09-19-2022 10:48 AM
As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this one as resolved in the next 24 hours. Thanks to all who helped and contributed. If anyone has any other needs, please feel free to let me know before the lock.