cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hub QR code not scanning - unable to add points

BuckarooBanzai
Community Member

One of my points failed to work on me, so I reset it. Upon doing so I've not been able to reconnect it. 

It shows up in my google home app as a device to add but refuses to connect. The nearly useless app refuses to accept the QR code on the bottom (keeps on saying this is not the code you are looking for) of the hub, so I try to switch to manual entry. The code that is found on the bottom ring, entered, and then proceed. The point changes to blue, then refuses to work either, saying that the connection failed. Retried multiple times, scanning with different lighting, even tested a different code with shows me no indication I put in the wrong set up code. 

I can see the hub on my wifi scanner, so it's there. Cannot connect to it as it has a password that I don't know, so I really have no other ideas. Any help is appreciated.

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

When in setup mode, the setup Wi-Fi network broadcast by the device does not have a password, so it seems possible it hasn't been completely factory reset. Try these steps:

Reset the Wifi point:
Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

Scroll to the bottom of the article, select "My device isn't available in the Google Home app" then select the model of Wifi point you have to see the reset steps. Be aware it can take 5-10 minutes for the reset process to complete.

Once reset, follow the steps to add an additional point like you did the first time. Expand the "Set up your Nest Wifi router" section and scroll down to the section "Add a point or an additional router".

Set up Nest Wifi Pro or Nest Wifi - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

When in setup mode, the setup Wi-Fi network broadcast by the device does not have a password, so it seems possible it hasn't been completely factory reset. Try these steps:

Reset the Wifi point:
Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

Scroll to the bottom of the article, select "My device isn't available in the Google Home app" then select the model of Wifi point you have to see the reset steps. Be aware it can take 5-10 minutes for the reset process to complete.

Once reset, follow the steps to add an additional point like you did the first time. Expand the "Set up your Nest Wifi router" section and scroll down to the section "Add a point or an additional router".

Set up Nest Wifi Pro or Nest Wifi - Google Nest Help

Thank you.... was able to resolve this. Please close this discussion.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Glad to hear that, let us know if you need any further support!