cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Port Forwarding for PS5 and PS Portal

MrBryant
Community Member

I'm trying to setup port forwarding for my PS5 and PS Portal to use when I'm away from home. Every tutorial for doing so excludes instructions for Google/Nest. I'm looking for some assistance from anyone who has done so. I could configure my PS5 to have a static IP address, which is simplier, but I would rather do it through the router.

1 Recommended Answer

Apsilon778
Community Member

Thanks for the post, yes setting via the router is likely the best approach. If your device is connected via Wi-Fi...ensure it's on the 5ghz channel at all times if not directly connected to the router. How to Make the PS5 Connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Tech Advisor

you can set a static IP via the google home app. Following that change you will need to disconnect your PS5 from the network and reconnect.   Also reserve an IP for your portal on your network for good measure. reboot your entire network once changes have been made.  Port forwarding or port opening - Google Nest Help

Concerning port forwarding I will say that UPNP will automatically open up ports as needed.... therefore, if your concern if to improve performance and responsiveness...setting these ports may have dubious results. Prioritizing the PS5 via the home app prior to you using the remote play feature would likely work better. 

Best regards,
Apsilon
"I fight for the users"

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Go to Google home, wifi, network settings, advanced networking, the port management for the forwarding, and DHCP IP reservations for the IP address.

Apsilon778
Community Member

Thanks for the post, yes setting via the router is likely the best approach. If your device is connected via Wi-Fi...ensure it's on the 5ghz channel at all times if not directly connected to the router. How to Make the PS5 Connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi - Tech Advisor

you can set a static IP via the google home app. Following that change you will need to disconnect your PS5 from the network and reconnect.   Also reserve an IP for your portal on your network for good measure. reboot your entire network once changes have been made.  Port forwarding or port opening - Google Nest Help

Concerning port forwarding I will say that UPNP will automatically open up ports as needed.... therefore, if your concern if to improve performance and responsiveness...setting these ports may have dubious results. Prioritizing the PS5 via the home app prior to you using the remote play feature would likely work better. 

Best regards,
Apsilon
"I fight for the users"