cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Second Acess Point Automatically Setting Itself to Bridge Mode

Ryanx10
Community Member

Hi all, 

So I have just noticed after a few months of having my network set up, the one access point I have installed (not the one being used for the router functions) has been in bridge mode this entire time & therefore not transmitting a wifi signal. 

I have tried going into the Google Home app & changing it to NAT but it does not let me. It's almost like my setup is backwards - the one being used as a router is in NAT mode & the access point is in bridge mode - not sure how that happened. It tells me that the device mode has been automatically set...

AT&T Fiber router/modem has already been set to IP Passthrough & turned off the necessary firewall settings. 

Is there a way to fix this without factory resetting the network?

Appreciate any help in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That's normal behaviour. Your primary Nest Wifi Pro should be in NAT (standard) mode and your secondary routers will be in bridge mode. All of them should be broadcasting your Nest Wifi network. What happens when you do a mesh test?

Ryanx10
Community Member

Yeah, upon more research, I figured out this was normal. I always thought that bridge mode didn't transmit a wifi signal so that is what threw me off. 

Is that incorrect?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Bridge mode doesn't necessarily mean it won't broadcast a Wi-Fi network 🙂