cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to add new nest WiFi point to existing network

jgotze
Community Member

I've had the google nest mesh running for a few years now with no issues. I recently got 2 new wifi mesh points, but when I try to add them to the network, it fails at the step when it says it is creating the mesh. I hve rebooted and factory reset everythig. The two old oints connect with no problem, but the two new ones always fail.

Can these devices be faulty?

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Firstly, what Wifi point model do you already have? What model are you trying to add?

Here's how to check the different models:
Tech specs for Nest Wifi Pro, Nest Wifi and Google Wifi - Google Nest Help

jgotze
Community Member

Hi David, I have the  nest wifi router  and 2 nest wifi points. I am attempting to add 2 more nest wifi points. I have noticed the existing, working points are in bridge mode while the two new points are in standard nat mode, could this be the problem?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Your primary Wifi point will be in NAT (standard) mode. Additional points should be in bridge mode, not NAT mode, so that sounds like they're not setup correctly.

I'd first factory reset them to start again. Select "My device isn’t available in the Google Home app”, then select Nest Wifi Point to see the reset steps.

Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

Once reset, follow these steps:

Set up Nest Wifi Pro or Nest Wifi - Google Nest Help

Select "Set up your Nest Wifi router", then refer to the "Add a point or an additional router" steps.