cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

recent Nest Wifi Pro problem: can't obtain IP address

eeeee
Community Member

@Dan_A replied to me in the original thread for this topic (which is now locked -- see https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Wifi/recent-Nest-Wifi-Pro-problem-can-t-obtain-IP-addres....  Here's my reply:

Yes and no.  My temporary solution (just put the few things that were using the Xfinity router direct on the Nest WiFI) has definitely made things better, but I still get occasional drop-outs that I can't explain.  E.g., my Chromebook will lose connectivity to Nest WiFi for long enough for it to try to connect to something else.  At least one other device (a non-Nest thermostat) seems to have intermittent connectivity issues, too.  I really don't want to set up bypass/bridge mode on the Xfinity router as it's useful to infrequently be able to access that WiFi for trouble-shooting.  I haven't seen the more severe problem (devices not being able to connect at all) since I moved everything to Nest WiFi.  I'm not sure how the intermittent connectivity issues would be caused by double-NAT.

0 REPLIES 0