cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MANY unsuccessful attempts to redeem $200 store credit for killing of Nest Secure. THIS IS MADNESS!!

summersofar
Community Member

I have wasted hours of my time now within many attempts to get store support to successfully redeem the $200 code provided via email on April 7 in regards to the discontinuation of the Nest Secure ecosystem.

I am beyond peeved that not a single agent knows anything about this offer, and when they do claim to know about it they lie about why they cannot help me redeem the unique code.

Based on my continued experience I would have to think that NOBODY has been successful in doing this thus far. What an utter dumpster fire this is; clearly no preparation or communication is happening between product and support teams.

Google, get your utter mess of an act together and help me out here!

3 Recommended AnswerS

pacommander
Community Member

We should sue. Class-action. This is impacting thousands of people.

View Recommended Answer in original post

Chooseupbat
Community Member

I totally agree!! I wasted more than 2 hours over two days trying to get someone from the Google Store to help me understand how to redeem the “code” to get the $200. Background; I clicked on the links in the original email to get google store help and it takes you to a screen where I have to try and identify the purpose of my visit. Not one of the choices included were about the coupon code and how to redeem so, you get stuck in a dead end with nowhere to go! I finally searched and got a support number and I called and eventually talked to a tech support  agent in Detroit. He gave me a phone number for the Google store reps. When I called that number, I got the credit account company (that’s not part of Google) that only supports any Google finance accounts you have. The rep was understand but said I and others were getting the run around on the Neat Guard coupon redemption caper! FINALLY, I clicked on a link to chat with someone in Google store support. That person stated that the code in the email was not the coupon code to use to redeem the $200 credit. After about 5 minutes of waiting, she sent me a long coupon code that I had to copy and paste in the cart to get the credit. She said the number in the email is only a number that indicates you are eligible for the “real” coupon number! What a scam with many dead ends and no answers. It is clear Google wants the positive publicity by extending the offer, but by making in incredibly difficult to redeem, they hope people will just give up. What a scam.

MikeBB
Community Member

I've an idea. Instead of recycling the secures, we should mail them to Google's Hardware Product manager's personal home at the same time. His name is Paul Gojenola.... I'm sure we can work out where he lives. I'm sure he'd appreciate receiving a few hundred thousand of them in a week.

83 REPLIES 83

CR084
Community Member

Shame on Google.

I have written to Google at least 15 times that we want our money back because without Nest Scure it makes no sense to me and so we did not buy it then.
Since I copy and paste the complete writing history into it and send it to them over and over and over again and in the end they tell me that I will sue them, they don't answer me anymore and ignore all my messages.

It's a shame that Google doesn't inform their own employees and how they treat you as a customer. You can just look in the future that you have as little as possible to do with Google.

The fact is that the employees really know nothing and that the management from the top has decided this, but unfortunately they have nothing left for customers.
I can only recommend they write the management on via Linked or Facebook etc directly to because otherwise they ragieren unfortunately not.

Very very sad because we would have liked to use Nest Secure further and since this is no longer possible, the whole system no longer makes much sense.

LVMarlin
Community Member

What number of chat link did you click? I wasted 3 hours of my time doing the same and just gave up! 

Chooseupbat
Community Member

Hello. Whatever you do, don’t use the link sent in the email you received Re the $200. It ends in a loop that you can’t get out of. I googled “google store chat” and somewhere in the first two or three results, I clicked on one of the results that avoided the loop of identifying why you are contacting the Google store and takes you right to a rep on chat. You will need to have the code handy that is in your letter so they can locate your actual coupon code to enter in the cart. It’s a long number. Sorry I don’t have the exact link since I didn’t know I would need it again. Finally, don’t try to call Google. It is impossible to get a live person!

MikeBB
Community Member

I'm giving up on all Google products....nest speakers not working properly due them stealing from Sonos, and now just killing our security with sensors and cameras! Roku here I come.

MikeBB
Community Member

I've an idea. Instead of recycling the secures, we should mail them to Google's Hardware Product manager's personal home at the same time. His name is Paul Gojenola.... I'm sure we can work out where he lives. I'm sure he'd appreciate receiving a few hundred thousand of them in a week.

Love it. And for good measure include a few bricks with the packages for random passers-by to find creative uses for. 

Yes that sound like a same good idea I would love to send him mine as well. Ok stop support for the attem but let me monitor it self don't shut it down make it useless 

Ballin508
Community Member

Hey Google, this is baloney! When I was sold the hardware, I was promised, I would be able to use it on my own network without an outside provider. That has been far from anything but the truth. I was scammed. You should have trained the companies that were selling these. I was basically told yes to any question I asked. After set up, it was clear they had no clue what they were talking about and I was sold a dream. Make this hardware usable by the owner without any further subscriptions, as promised.  I want my money back!!!

ben174
Community Member

If anyone has this problem, i am prepared to start a class action law suit, please contact me at #

ben174
Community Member

ben174 at gmail dot com

• Ben, are you an attorney?

Cheng
Community Member

count me in. Google deserves it. 

ldow
Community Member

has anyone been able to actually talk to someone at google about this? I just end up in a doom loop sending me to this 'community'

Chooseupbat
Community Member

No. And you won’t find one. Not even the corporate number in Northern California will get you anywhere. You have to chat with the Google Store. It is incredible that no telephone number was provided since their $200 offer and the provided link doesn’t work to chat as they instructed in the original email. Google wants you to give up and go away. Google search “Google store chat” and find the best link to chat and you will get someone eventually. That is how I finally got the coupon number needed to redeem the $200 offer.

@ldow 

When you're following the "Contact us" link, do NOT select any of the options on the "Resources" page; just click on "Next step" to get to the contact options page (phone callback, chat, or email, depending on your locale and the time of day).

CR084
Community Member

It's such a shame for Google how they treat the customers and only think about their profit.

I would like to have my money back for the Nest product that I bought under different expectations but Google doesn´t care 

pacommander
Community Member

Has anyone found a competing security system that allows us to continue using our Next sensors? That's the deal breaker for me.

Won't happen unless Google decides to open up the firmware to use common protocols. So, it won't happen. 

CGW3
Community Member

Based on comments above, went directly to Google Store Chat.  It took about 40 minutes for them to "research" the issue and provide a Promo Code.  

Chooseupbat
Community Member

The long wait for the promo code is likely the last tactic (in a long line of tactics)  used by Google hoping you will give up before they have to finally pay you.

leejennings22
Community Member

Completely agree with everyone here. It is a mess. I have spent countless hours trying to get my rebate and get SOME money back on my huge investment into Nest Secure. Nothing but runarounds and blaming "the other guys."

Thierry
Community Member

It took me 1+ hour to get the promo code but be aware that Google claims this is not a $200 credit, only a $200 promo code and that promo codes do not stack! 

When I  applied the promo code during "Black Friday deals" that $200 "credit" became a $55 credit (see screenshot).

That's adding insult to injury...

Google Store Promo Code.jpg

Théo
Community Member

Check that:
https://chng.it/srybvhz2Zt
Just signed.

File a complaint with your state attorney general for fraudulent business practices. Change.org petitions accomplish nothing.

bkatz422
Community Member

NEST never sent me a coupon code. I have been trying to contact them but cant get anyone on the phone.

@bkatz422 

If you use the link and instructions in the post below, you should get a contact options page that includes an option for someone from Support to call you back in a short time (often in less than a minute):

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

I've done that 4 times. no one picks up the call and they disconnect me. 

You must use chat only. Search for the Google Store chat link and when you get a live chat rep, describe your situation. Google has to confirm you are a Nest Alert user first, then you get a coupon code to use in the cart. I know it is incredibly frustrating and it’s clear it was designed to cause delay and confusion hoping you would give up. A little more patience and you’ll get there!

mfahsel
Community Member

I've spent 2 hours in a circuitous maze trying to get the Google Store credit. What Google is doing is intentional! I've been a loyal Google hardware user for 10+ years, phones, home security, etc. This situation is compelling me to switch to the big Apple and join the rest of my family w/o this S#IT of hiding issues and dealing with a website that is intentionally preventing me from receiving a minimal credit for a product for which I clearly overpaid!!!😩

Just use chat. That is the only way you will reach a person at the Google store to get you the coupon code you need. I think my last response above to someone else is listed for you to read. Don’t call…it’s a waste of time and frustrating. Google wanted the PR points for the $200 offer but they clearly made it intentionally confusing hoping you will give up and go away. I switched to Ring alarm (owned by Amazon) and very satisfied with it. 

One should not ask for a coupon code but for a store credit. Those 2 are very different as the former will not apply to discounted prices (i.e. Black Friday offers).
I was able to get the coupon but once I received it I asked them (via email) to replace it with a $200 store credit, which they did!

TiffanyB2017
Community Member

Any updates on this or resolution?

Hello. Not sure what you’re asking specifically. There is a path to follow to get the coupon code even though it is painful. Someone here suggested a class action but never heard back. Another person wisely suggested you request a store credit be a coupon code (see Thierry above. Let me know if I missed didn’t help you.

YankeeM
Community Member

Seeing that my Nest secure will become a "brick" April 2024.  Paid $500 each for 2 of these systems because of the claims to be able to use it independently.   I want my money back.  Tried to contact them about the Supposed $200 google store credit.  Goggle store forwarded me to Nest support, Nest support said I have to go thru Goggle store.  Infinity circle.  I would rather have $200x2 than a credit for products that they will then cease to support, but can't find out a way to get the credit.  Is there anything we can do to keep systems working, and since I doubt that, ANYBODY know how to get the goggle credit?  Thanks 

I know it is extremely frustrating. The only way to get the $200 is to chat with a Google Store rep. You should have received an email from Google some time ago that has a code in it. They will need that code to give you the actual coupon code to use at checkout. I used it to buy a 6E wireless router. That will work regardless of Googles decision at end of life for the product. It works well. I replaced my Google alarm with a Ring alarm supported by Amazon. It too works independently. So use CHAT only and you’ll get the code. Any other effort will simply not work.

Best Regards

Did you find the answer to your question about how to get the $200? If not, find my postings (Chooseupbat) and you’ll get the procedure to follow and what not to do. hope it helps out.

You should not accept a coupon code but instead ask for a store credit !
That's because coupons cannot be stacked and the $200 coupon you get could turn to be nothing more than a $50 discount (see screenshots I already posted about this).

I originally received the coupon but I asked Google to give me the $200 store credit they promised in their email about NestAware EOL. After a few emails, Google cancelled the coupon and gave me the $200 credit.

People should not be ok with the coupon because, as my screenshots show, that coupon may turned to be nothing more than a $50 credit 😕

Thierry
Community Member

Do not accept the promo code that Google offers; you must instead ask for a STORE CREDIT
That's because promo codes do not apply on discounted prices.
The image below shows that's the $200 promo code on Black Friday would have only saved me $54.43 (not $200 !).

Google Store Promo Code.jpg

The original email from Google is very clear about this, the offer is for a Store Credit, no a Promo Code.
After a long email exchange Google finally replaced my promo code with a $200 Store Credit.
Good luck !

SueL1
Community Member

I apologize.  The google store is calling it a coupon code, not a promo code.  They gave me the full $200 credit amount finally.

Thierry
Community Member

As far as I know, a coupon code is not the same as a store credit.
Did they give you a code that you'll need to enter at checkout or did you receive a $200 credit in your Google account ?

If it's a Store Credit then it should appear on your "Google Payments Center". If it does not, then you should refuse the coupon and ask for a store credit (as I did).  In my case, it saved me close to $150.