cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Secure useless $200 code

hnws
Community Member

So I got the code and found that Black Friday is a good timing to spend it.

I found a perfect item that costs 200 bucks, a Pixel Watch with Black Friday discount from  279 to 199.

But it turned out the $200 code canNOT be combined with any other promotion. The price went back to original price immediately after applying the code.

So what's the point?

5 REPLIES 5

hnws
Community Member

Screenshot_20231120_141745.pngScreenshot_20231120_141841.png

SpaceTintin
Community Member

How did you get your code? I cannot even get my code. I have contacted google nest support through their only listed options of facebook messenger and twitter 5 times without response. This is absurd.

hnws
Community Member

go to store.google.com and chat with support.

CptnCrunch
Community Member

Sometimes they will give it to you sometimes they won't. You basically need to be a complete a****le to them. I feel bad for the agents but that's the position Google has created. They will tell you that you have to meet certain "eligibility" if you didn't get the email but they can't tell you what that is. Google has take a bad situation... killing the Nest Secure... and made it even worse by promising the credit then putting every barrier they can find in the way of getting and using that credit.

One last point, if you can get Nest Secure support (NOT Google Store) to notate on your account that you have eligibility then you might have a chance. Unfortunately apparently the Google Store people can't see the notes that the Google Secure people put on the account (really Google????) so you need to get the name of the person on the Google Secure team so they... maybe... can reach out. What a screwed-up mess Google has created.

JerryS
Community Member

At least they gave you a rebate. They refuse to give me anything but the useless piece of plastic they sold me and decided to discontinue with minimal notice. Now they will not respond or escalate so I am selling my stock, cancel YouTube TV, nest services, and selling my hardware. All this because they will not honor the rebate that other customers received.