cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2 year old google home display . Displays only a "G"

Gtoconnor
Community Member

My Google Home displays only a "G". 

It worked for a year and now won't start up.

1. I tried to unplug.

2. I tried to hold the reset button on the back 

3. I deleted the device, but now my home app cannot find my google home display because.....it doesn't start up.

Please help!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

nordoc
Community Member

As silly as I may sound, try to be sure you have the back power plug seated, completely. (on mine it's a very hard snap for the last fraction of an inch) . Sorry if I'm saying something obvious but I can't think of anything else related to my working with this annoying device in my attempts to make it work, that may have happened to you in this situation. Sincerely, Good Luck. My hub hasn't connected completely for 2 months now.  

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hi Gtoconnor,

Are you using the original power adapter that came with your device? Try using a different power outlet in your house and try to reboot. You can try these steps as a workaround:

• Place the device in Recovery Mode (unplug the device then hold down the volume button while plugging device back in. Release the volume button once the device turns back on.)
  • Attempt a factory reset once the device boots into Recovery Mode (hold down both volume up and volume down buttons at the same time.)
  • If the device recovers,  send feedback from the device using the keywords “GHT3 Nest Hub stuck on G logo resolved”.

If you're still experiencing issues after following those steps, I'd recommend contacting the Google Nest support team. They will be able to check on possible options and next steps with you.

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey there, 
Just wanted to jump in here to check to make sure that you saw our response. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!

Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary