cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot find correct wifi

Meganrivait
Community Member

I have a google home mini and just moved into my dorm. I have been trying for three days now to connect it to wifi. The wifi issue is the only thing preventing me from using it. It will show the various printers on my floor, but will not show the wifi network that my phone and laptop are using. I’ve tried to manually enter the wifi that my phone is on, but that won’t work either. Since I’m living in a residence building, it isn’t as simple as just restarting the router. I’m not sure what to do.

1 Recommended Answer

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi Meganrivalt,

The Google Mini needs to connect to a secure wifi network. The network your dorm uses isn't supported for the Mini. Give your school's IT depart a chat and see if they can offer to whitelist your device or if they have other suggestions.

Jill

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi Meganrivalt,

The Google Mini needs to connect to a secure wifi network. The network your dorm uses isn't supported for the Mini. Give your school's IT depart a chat and see if they can offer to whitelist your device or if they have other suggestions.

Jill

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey there, 
Just wanted to jump in here to check to make sure that you saw our response. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!

Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary