cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home display stuck on Ambient Mode, weather info missing

thefunch
Community Member

My Google Home 1st gen display will only show Ambient Mode, in my case Curated Art, and while it shows the time on Ambient Mode, the weather no longer shows up and only displays two dashes ("- -"). If I swipe left, I only see a tab for Curated Art; the other options for Your morning/evening, media, home control, etc. don't show up. If I tell Google to "Go home" I see the same thing. I can still use voice commands like "Show me my lists" or "Set a timer" but if I go back home the other tabs are missing.

Once my Google Home goes into this mode, it gets stuck there until I reboot. I'm still able to control the device through the Home app and I can issue a reboot with the Home app.

This started a few days ago (about the time when I read that Google was reverting Ambient Mode to its pre-Covid functionality) and I've rebooted the Google Home device twice in the last week. It boots up fine and then a day or so later it goes into this mode.

Device is on the preview program, Fuschia version 6.20211109.1.3166212, Software version 45.1.11.446491209.

0 REPLIES 0