cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home not recognising smart switch

Ponyman
Community Member

I have just installed a smart switch and added it to the home app but when I ask for it to be switched on I get “sorry, it looks like those lights haven’t been set up yet”

1 Recommended Answer

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

I would still try and relink it completely and that is really strange that it did work once. That leads me to think that it is more a naming issue. Try the re-link. Be sure that the name you are using matches what you've chosen.

Some more info about naming and commands fyi:

Customize smart plug or smart switch voice commands with device type - Google Nest Help 

View Recommended Answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi Ponyman,

Try saying "Sync my devices" to your Google Mini. If that doesn't help let us know the brand of the smart switch.

Thanks!

Ponyman
Community Member

Sorry, that didn’t work. 
it’s a smart life switch. 

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Thanks for trying that. Does the plug work with the Smart Life app? 

Usually, relinking your device in the Google Home app helps so you can try removing the plug from the Google Home app. Reset the plug following any manufacturers instructions if you can. Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Home app. Try relinking and be sure to use the same Smart Life credentials when linking.

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Also, there is a fairly old post w/ solution...check it out: Google Assistant cannot link Smart Life account - Google Nest Community 

Ponyman
Community Member

Yes it works with the smart life app and the google home app. It’s just voice activation that doesn’t work! 
There was one occasion yesterday when it did work. I was raising the problem on the community site and I asked for switch on to get the response phrase right but it turned the light on instead. I thought it was solved but it was a one off!

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

I would still try and relink it completely and that is really strange that it did work once. That leads me to think that it is more a naming issue. Try the re-link. Be sure that the name you are using matches what you've chosen.

Some more info about naming and commands fyi:

Customize smart plug or smart switch voice commands with device type - Google Nest Help 

Ponyman
Community Member

Thanks, it is solved.
Having read the article about naming, I renamed it as a light rather than a switch - that did the trick!

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Woohoo!  Glad to hear that renaming did the trick!

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey there, 
It's like you were able to solve your issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!

Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary