I'm sorry to hear you're not able to play RTHK Radio 2 (1-5) on TuneIn ― let's check it out. A few questions: was it working before? Have you tried other radio stations other that are with or even not with Tune-in? It would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot on your devices by unplugging the power cord from your router followed by your Nest Mini. Restarting your phone might also help. You could also try other music platforms for us to narrow things down like YouTube or YouTube music. Please inform us of the exact command you're giving.
Keep us posted.
Thanks Dan_A for checking into this.
I did reboot all the devices before and one more time just now.
The RTHK Radio 1, 2 used to work couple of years ago when I used my kid's first G device, I just bought the second G and it did not work.
RTHK Radio 1-5 works if I play the them on TuneIn websites using browser.
The following commands work on my new device:
"Hey Google, play CNN radio from TuneIn"
-KNKX, KUOW, Digital Radio Hong Kong.
The exact commands I tried are:
"Hey Google, play RTHK radio 1 from TuneIn"
"Hey Google, play Hong Kong RTHK radio 2 from TuneIn"
Question: I am curious why restarting the Phone matters in this case?
We’re glad YouTube is working that way, we can really isolate this with radio concerns. To isolate further, could you please give the command “Hey, Google! Play radio” and tell me the response. By the way, to confirm, when you mentioned RTHK radio worked a couple of years ago, does that mean you’ve been using that specific radio station until you got a new Nest Mini, where it stopped working?
If you have a radio service linked to your Home app, could you check it out: open the Google Home app Media coin>under "Manage your system", select Radio.
Check out this guide for more information.
1. When I say "Hey, Google Play Radio", it starts to pay the last radio station I was playing, that is "Digital Hong Kong Radio from TuneIn". Note: This is not the RTHK (Hong Kong) radio stations that I want.
2. I remember I could play RTHK Radio 1 and 2 couple of years ago with the Gen 1 device which I borrowed for few months. I did not have the Mini for over a year until I bought a new one a month ago, and unable to play again. I think there is couple of posting in this forum complaining the same problem.
3. Google Home App: it is showing SiriusXM, I am unable to delete or add a new one. The support told me I need to add/link the radio station here, but I told him I could not do anything on this page.
And it states, "You can also play thousands of radio station WITHOUT linking from providers such as TuneIN..."
I want to chime in as I have the same problem of being unable to stream RTHK Radio 2 on all my Home (now Nest) speakers - two Minis and one Home. This radio station used to work on all of them. It just stopped working one day, and I am sure it has been at least six months now. Try this post as it seems relevant, though there may not be a solution either: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Google-nest-mini/m-p/170202
To confirm, are you able to play the station from the native app? What happens when you use the Google Assistant app on your phone? Please note that TuneIn is built-in to Google Home/Nest speakers and displays, and there's no need for you to link it manually like SiriusXM.
It would help a lot if you could install the Google Assistant app on your iPhone. You can download it from the App Store. Once installed, use your Google Account to log in. Let's see the difference if you can play that specific station using the Google Assistant app.
Awesome! As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you in 24 hrs. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future.
Apologies for the misunderstanding! We wanted to fully confirm if you can still play other music platforms and other radio stations? Since this is a concern with the RTHK Radio 2 on TuneIn, we highly recommend that you reach out to them to gain more info and other troubleshooting steps. Google Nest speakers rely heavily on the functions and features of 3rd party apps and services.
Tell us how it goes once you gain a hold of them.
Is TuneIn responsible for the issue on Mini 2? I can play the RTHK radio from TuneIn on both Chrome and Firefox browsers. How would TuneIn be able to trouble shoot Mini 2 issue?
Based on what I read in the other postings which users have issues with particular radio stations, looks like it was the TuneIn team who worked and resolved the issues. Do you mind looking into this further? May I assume you are the Google Mini 2 support team and have access to the developers?
We're truly sorry for the inconvenience! It will help us a lot if you could also reach out to the RTHK radio support team to gain more information and other troubleshooting steps. Your Nest Mini relies heavily on the function of each radio station It can integrate with depending on the area you're in? Also, as you've mentioned, the last time RTHK worked was around 2 years ago, right? Please, contact them and tell us how it goes to further isolate this concern.
1. Are you a Google support staff?
2. Do you have access to the Mini Dev support team?
3. Do you have the ability to create a support ticket?
4. Can you/your dev team to trouble shoot by issuing a command " Stream RTHK Radio 2 from TuneIn" and observe the problem? The dev team should be able to ID the possible issue by looking at the intercommunication between TuneIn and Mini.
Otherwise, this issue will be like a soccer ball, kicking around by folks in Google, TuneIn and Radio station teams.
Support team shall try to "reproduce" the issue logged by the end user and then decide what to do next.
Thanks for the follow up! Nothing has changed, that is, Mini still is unable to play/stream "RTHK radio 1/2 from TuneIn". I can play other radios stations like "play KUOW", "play digital radio Hong Kong from TuneIn".
Could you please submit a ticket to Google Mini dev support?
Happy new year of 2023!
Happy New Year to you as well.
Since you're able to play other radio stations from a web browser and the Google Assistant app, would you mind if we do a factory reset on your Nest Mini? It will revert it back to its default and original settings, setting it up is needed. We would really appreciate it. Here's how.
Keep us posted.
1. Performed that procedure as instructed, factory reset and setup the device as new.
2. Issued " Google, play RTHK Radio 2 from TuneIn", Mini replied " Streaming RTHK Radio 2 from TuneIn", then nothing happened afterwards.
There is a "known" issue mentioned in this thread, and one user mentioned RTHK Radio station not working as well.
Do you have a Mini and is able to reproduce the issue? This will show my "issue" is not device related, and possibly to tell where the problem resides. I have done all the tasks this thread has asked.
Since the radio stations you provided worked. It would be best to reach out to RTHK for more information. Check if there are changes to their system and ask about it's compatibility with your Nest devices. I'll be waiting for your reply and will keep the thread open.
May I suggest that we shall look at this from a different angle? We have been kicking the ball around without any real progress.
1. Chrome browser (yes, that is Google's product) can play RTHK from TuneIn.
2. Google Assistant: "Play RTHK radio 2 from TuneIn" works.
3. App: TuneIn on iPhone can play RTHK from TuneIn.
4. Mini 2 cannot play RTHK radio 2...
With the above facts, can we logically deduce what is the likely issue? Sorry this sounds rude, but we are back to square one.
Also, could you answer my questions that I asked for few times?
1. Is this being monitored my Google Mini device employees and Dev/support group?
2. Can one of you reproduce and confirm the issue? I reproduced on Gen 1 and 2 devices.