cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Multiple nests linked to individual spotify accounts

Gmk42
Community Member

Hi all. I currently have a nest mini set up so it plays from my own Spotify account. I have signed up for Spotify family and opened up 2 new Spotify accounts under this for my kids. I have bought 2 new nests, and want to assign each nest to play Spotify from their own Spotify account. So when my daughter asks her nest in her room to play music, it does so from her own spot log in. Same for my son, so the nest in his room will play it from his own Spotify log in. Hope this makes sense!! Any solutions gratefully received,  I have wasted hours on this today!!

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The only way to achieve this is for each of your children to have their own Google account (one that is not a family link managed account), as well as their own Spotify account. Each speaker must be setup with the separate accounts, not setup with your account. More details from Spotify below.

Using Spotify Family with young kids and Google Ho… - The Spotify Community

Once setup, each of your children will be able to control their speaker and Spotify media playback using the Google Home app on their phone or tablet or using voice commands.

Gmk42
Community Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Do I have to get a separate home app on a different device to mine then for each child before I can set the speakers up? Will it allow that, and not just add it to my home app? Sorry, not very tech minded,😂 but can't believe its not an option to do this easily, surely every family with Google home wants to use it this way?! 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No not necessarily, you can use the same phone if you want, but you'd need to sign out of your account, and sign in with their account to setup the speaker as them in their own home structure.