cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Hub Max - new home, won't fully set up/allow video

BLNT
Community Member

I have a Nest Hub Max which was used at our prior home.

I went to set it up at our new place (factory reset)  on the Home app and it goes through the process until, at the end, it comes back with "This Nest Hub Max is connected to another account or home". Well, that's me... I failed to individually remove all prior devices from the old home structure before I pulled the plug on the entire home. I no longer have access to that home - as far as I know!

How can I go about getting that prior association cleared from this device??

It will work as a simple assistant - but no camera. Though, when I do ask a question, not only does it reply, but one in a nearby room does too... like they're unaware of each others presence.

THANKS

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@BLNT 

Have you done a factory reset on your Nest Hub Max to clear the account and Wi-Fi settings?  You can't do it from within the Google Home app.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7073477

Yes, I mentioned that in the first sentence. But, thanks.

@BLNT 

Did you hold down both volume buttons on your Nest Hub Max for at least 10 seconds and did the Nest Hub Max let you know that it was resetting?

Yes, that's the process for factory resetting. Which was completed, twice!

@BLNT 

You could try contacting Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

I have not had good experience in the past with Google support. That doesn't mean that there are not people that have the answer to this, but some random person will probably get it, try a half-hearted approach, and then bury it. Hopefully somebody with prior experience with this problem can post a solution on here. 

@BLNT 

Well, you're right that you're supposed to remove the device from the Google Home app while still on your old Wi-Fi network, but the factory reset supposedly overrides that need.  If it were mine, I'd try holding down both volume buttons for a longer time, just in case the factory resets you tried didn't actually complete.