cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Netflix currently not working on Nest Hubs

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

Starting about 2:40 pm US Central Time on Nov. 10, it hasn't been possible to stream Netflix on a Nest Hub.  The Nest Hub reports that the link to Netflix isn't working and suggests unlinking and relinking to Netflix.  However, the relink to Netflix simply stalls with a blank screen with clients3.google.com at the top.

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

As of about 8:00 am US central time on Sunday, Nov, 13, we are again able to re-link to Netflix.

View Recommended Answer in original post

KiiFromGoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear that things are back on track. We checked on this, and it looks like our friends over at Netflix have rolled out a fix.

If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know!

View Recommended Answer in original post

606 REPLIES 606

Netflix won't work. Don't close thread.

Same problem with both Netflix accounts on multiple devices, blank page after email and password entry. Had to relink as the Google hub told us it was no longer working unlink and relink via app.  

I am now having the same exact issue as all of you above. It started last night. I have no issues streaming Netflix on my apple device or Samsung TVs but will not work on google hub as of last night. I was streaming from it, paused the show for 1 minute and then google stated Netflix was no longer linked. But I am unable to link it back. Even logged out my other devices and back in again. 

I have the exact same problem. Was yours resolved?

Not at all they are investigating the issue!  🙄

Same problem

I have the same issue not able to link and have error.. https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error

sp57
Community Member

Same issue as everyone else.

Same here in Ireland. Disney plus works fine. This is a bit of a deal breaker in my house. Just invested in these google hubs so pretty annoying it's now broken. I could have gone amazon instead....

My kids got me the hub last Christmas and love it!!! It’s in my kitchen, where I am most of the time. I can see all the pictures the kids post and my Netflix. Until now…🙁

Good news mine is back. None if the tips above worked, it just suddenly started working again.

Closing in on a week of this now. Let's get this fixed Goog.

bgb1122
Community Member

It's actually been a problem for much more than a week. Linking Netflix has been a problem for me for almost a year. I suspect something recently changed and the link between the services was broken, hence everyone trying to get it re-connected suddenly.

Same error, tried to link my netflix account and it goes to white screen and nothing happens. 

So I come also with the same problems!

Yes problems, since I have 2 kids, everywhere nest hubs, Chromecasts etc and now Netflix can't be linked 

It really is a nuisance!!! Especially, like me, I've been using it for 4 years and now ... NO LINK!  Errrr

Hallelujah today I could link again 

Is there a fix for this?

Having the same issue, clearly a bug with the number of people affected.

Ad9
Community Member

Same issue it started 13.11.22 and I have tried everything. I am very good with technology and I can't find a solution. Phoned Google useless as always didn't have a clue. When you know more than them it says it all. Phoned Netflix and want much better 

Our link to Netflix, which was fixed on the morning of Nov. 13, is now broken again. When attempting to play something on Netflix, it starts to play and then says "Your account is no longer linked. Please relink through the companion app." But in the Google Home app, we are still linked to Netflix. When I clicked on "Manage" I got a message with a screen entitled "This app will be linked to" title with a blank profile square and a "Confirm" button; clicking that brought up a Sign In screen, which returned me to the same screen with the "Confirm" button. If I clicked "Unlink" and tried once again to link, I got the now infamous blank "clients3.google.com screen" and nothing else.

I just spent 105 minutes on the phone with Netflix Support. They said they were completely unaware of this issue. I told them it was affecting hundreds of Google Nest Hub customers and sent them links to posts in this forum. They said they would investigate.

I’ve done all of those things including speaking with Netflix. Arggghhhhhh!

Try update the device where google home app is, worked for me in the past..i.e. it's an update of ios if you're using an iphone

Android OS version is up to date, as well as the app.

Anyways, so many persons reported this bug, that it is clean, this isn't a matter of an out of date OS.

@Truthteller 

I have version 2.60.116 of the Google Home app, the latest.  The problem occurs on the Nest Hub, however.

I just updated the Google Home app to 2.60.118

Petros
Community Member

Same here

Just been into Google home and near the top of the screen under 'set up home and away routines' I had an option saying link netflix. Followed the same instructions and it now says linked successfully... Just need to test it on the hub. 

Just tested and it is working. I guess something  has been done in the background.

Mine just finally worked

Yes! Your message came up (thank you) so have just tried, on second attempt It linked and Google assistant works with netflix again ! 

I just went into google home app as well and had the same option. It now says linked too. So now just need to test it out. Fingers Crossed!

Linking worked now. But I am not a home right now so I can not test if Netflix is actually playing on the Hub.

Gharstar
Community Member

I've just tried and all working again !

After talking to Google Support then to Netflix support then to Google Support here's their answer rg. the issue:

Our engineers are currently checking on it for a possible fix/workaround
In the meantime, use the Home App to send a feedback.
An update will be released once we have a fix on the issue.

Tuzac
Community Member

Issue seems to be solved now.

Looks good here too ...

working here

It works!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

It's working again!