cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Select specific spotify account for Kids Family Link voice recognition

radmike
Community Member

Account Setup:

I am the family manager on Family Link (Account A), my partner is the other "parent" (Account B), and we have a "family" adult account that's a "member." (Account C). My child is now setup under Account D via Family Link.

Each of these four account has a Spotify family account setup under the associated email (all adult accounts on the Spotify end).

I had previously setup Account C as the "default" Google ome account in our house, with it's own dedicated linked Spotify account so Guests/non-recognized voices (AKA our nanny) would play Spotify on a common "house" account, not A/B accounts. This has worked great.

The Ask:

How can I get my child's Family Link managed account's "voice recognition" to play on a specific Spotify account (the common Account C). It seems like it's playing on my linked spotify (Account A). Is this because I setup his voice with him? Do I need to somehow log into the "family" account C and re-setup his voice recog? 

Background:

Recently got a Pixel Tablet, setup kids space etc. and logged into a Spotify Account (non-kids, but setup as Account D in Spotify) so they can play their own music w/o polluting Account A/B listening history.

However, when I setup voice recognition for Account D (kids), as they are "under 13" there's currently no supported "official" way to specify / login to a specific spotify account (spotify kids or spotify adult). There are multiple "similar" posts linked below that essentially have you setup "adult" dummy-gmail/dummy-spotify to setup voice-control-to-spottily  links in the household. However, I don't think this will work for me as this also opens up the floodgates to downtime, YouTube, or other services where we're happy w/ the Parental Controls / youtube kids integrations. I don't want to "lose" that.

I might still try this method and see if I can sandbox correctly, but it's PRETTY frustrating (and typical of En**bleep**tification-era Google) that I have to jump through hoops to get all my expensive smart-home tech to "work" in what are pretty normal circumstances.

Ideally I'd be able to choose / opt-out of restrictions where needed, and just get my kids voice to be recognized and then play a corresponding account on Spotify (where I can manage the parental controls as I desire). That seems to not be on any product roadmap however.

Multiple similar posts:

0 REPLIES 0