cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up - keep getting kGSKErrorDomain error -83902.

sgtclark
Community Member

I’m trying to set up my Google Nest but keep getting the following error when I get to the stage of setting up Google Assistant. 

“The operation couldn't be completed (kGSKErrorDomain error-83902.)”

I’m signed in on my personal account, I’m with Spectrum WiFi and my phone & device language are both set to English.

2 REPLIES 2

Kerrie-Ann
Community Member

I am also having this error code trying to set up 4 speakers , all have been reset and turned off numerous times. Still same error every time 

aguilarmateo
Community Member

Hi there,

Sorry to hear the situation that you are experiencing setting your Nest devices up, i know it could be frustrating, but I am here to help! Follow the next steps in order to connect the devices: 

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Change Language: If your Nest device is currently displaying a language other than English (US), you can try switching the Google Assistant language to English (UK) in the Google Home app. Then, close the app, wait 5 seconds, and switch it back to English (US). This might help resolve any language-related setup issues.
  2. Factory Reset: Perform a factory reset on your Nest device following the instructions in the Google Nest Help Center.
  3. Wait and Restart: After resetting the device, leave it unplugged for at least 2 minutes. This allows it to fully power down.
  4. Reinstall Google Home App: Uninstall and reinstall the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
  5. Plug in Nest Device and Set Up: Plug your Nest device back in and start the setup process again in the Google Home app. During setup, the language should automatically switch to English (US) if it's compatible with your region.

Additional Resources:

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best regards, 

Chris