cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Time Zone incorrect on Nest Hub

SRK86
Community Member

I have 2 Best Hub Max devices that are both showing the wrong time zone. We live in Queensland, Australia in the AEST time zone, but are very close to the New South Wales border which is an hour ahead on AEDT.

I have tried updating time settings for the device but the only option is Time Format, not time zone.

I have checked that my address for the home is correct, and it is set to my address in Queensland.

Please help as it is not very useful to have a device on the wrong time! 

1 Recommended Answer

coszam
Community Member

Hi guys, 

I had the same issue. Here is how I solved it:

The context: I moved to another country which was in a -1 hr.

When setting up my Nest Hub in the new country (Germany) I just created a new home, but didn't remove the old home - I just figured I'll leave it be in the app -> this resulted in the Nest Hub keeping my old time displayed (even though for the new home I entered the new address).

Solution:

- removed my current address of the home (the new one)

- removed the device from the OLD home list

- re-added my new address for my new home

And now I have the correct time (time-zone) on my Nest Hub

View Recommended Answer in original post

135 REPLIES 135

wanick
Community Member

In the Google home app - go to the device, then DEVICE INFORMATION.  then to HOME.  check the address. for some reason my address had the wrong city/state  but the correct street name and number. I fixed that and voila...

jd_2022
Community Member

My address is correct in the app. Google's data for the time zone for my address is incorrect.  There is no way for the end user to fix this issue. 

It seems you have solved a different problem than the one discussed here. The address for my "Home" is correct, but the displayed time is one hour fast, as though Daylight Time were in effect. A factory reset does not change this.

LQ

Belgereth
Community Member

In the meantime, I changed my address to a Taco place in Denver Colorado with the time we should have just so I can feel like I'm still in Mexico.  🙂

jd_2022
Community Member

@Muddi 

@Princesss 

There are many people who are still having trouble with the time zone setting on their Google Home devices.  I believe that this issue may be getting overlooked because the thread has a "answer" associated with it.  This answer does not work for people whose address has the improper time zone setting in the database that the Google home devices use to determine their time zone. 

Could one of you remove the recommended answer for this thread? 

I already have a ticket open with all of the details that Google has requested, but the issue is still yet to be resolved. It has been over 6 months now since my ticket was opened.

JaiboGeek
Community Member

Hi, my nest hub mini shows one hour difference from current local time. From where can I report this occurrence.

You can provide feedback on the hub, itself, which I beleive DOES get to someone who "cares"(?)

In settings... - Swipe down > Settings > Device Info....

gcresvi
Community Member

I also have the same problem. In Queretaro, Mexico, the time displayed as Daylight Savings Time is still present. Similar to others, when you ask Google the time, it replies with the actual correct time. But when you as "Tell me the time zone?" it says "Queretaro is in Central Time" and the incorrect time.
I "fixed" it as previously commented, setting the address to somewhere in Colorado.

This is definitely a bug in Google´s servers, you should review this. It's unbelievable that a problem that affects a whole country is left unattended!

denzoid
Community Member

I am in Morelia, Michoacan (same time zone as Queretaro) and have the exact same problem. It truly mystifes me why Google just ignores this. I am truly ignorant about writing code but it seems like it should be a relatively basic database tweak. Even if it's more complicated... come on, this is GOOGLE, not some lone programmer in his/her apartment writing an app. 

What's more, almost the entire country is on Mexico Central Standard Time (Zona Centro, UTC-6) year-round. This is a very big deal.

Mexico_time_zones_map_en.svg.png

gcresvi
Community Member

I just saw this official note from Google saying they fixed the problem for Mexico. Let’s see if it is really fixed “in the following” days, as they say.

Just returned home after a week away. Time display seems correct, and a test alarm went off when it should. More testing's in order, but it's at least partially fixed.

LQ

What state are you in? I am in Michoacan and my time is still one hour ahead.

Jalisco, near Chapala. Essentially greater Guadalajara.

Just did a warm reboot via the Home app and it's holding up on two Maxes and one gen 2 Home (they reboot themselves at 4am anyway). Haven't checked the Minis or Nest Audio speakers yet. Their mics are usually off.

LQ

JaiboGeek
Community Member

Just to let you know, my nest hub mini is now fixed. I guess it was updated at midnight. I became aware at 11:00 a.m. today, April 18, 2023. I am in Tampico, Mexico.

denzoid
Community Member

2 out of 3 of my devices are now showing the correct time (here in Mexico). The exception is my Sony LF-S50G Smart Speaker. I restarted it but it still shows the wrong time. Maybe it's no longer supported...¯\_(ツ)_/¯