cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

announcements on regular hours

DickB
Community Member

I just purchased a Nest Hub. 

On regular hours (10am, 12 am, 3.30pm)  it start automatically to give pointers on topic's i.e. to start preparing diner.

Which setting did I triggered? This was not my intension...............

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@DickB 

Maybe you inadvertently set up an automated "routine". (We don't use them.)

Are you able to go into the Google Home app and click on Automations and delete any "routines"?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7029585?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&sjid=976156305607...

View Recommended Answer in original post

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @DickB 

Yes, @MplsCustomer is correct and this behaviour is caused by a routine (automation) called 'Workday' that is normally set as deactivated by default. This particular routine comes as standard and is in built along with a number of others such as, 'Good morning', 'Commuting home' and a few others that you can see if you use the Google Home app. You cannot actually delete these built in automations but you can deactivate them although they can be modified. You can only fully delete automations if they have been manually created.

Automations can be quite useful for carrying out regular tasks at certain regular times or by the initiation of a command word, but it does take a bit of time to fully get the hang of them.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@DickB 

Maybe you inadvertently set up an automated "routine". (We don't use them.)

Are you able to go into the Google Home app and click on Automations and delete any "routines"?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7029585?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&sjid=976156305607...

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @DickB 

Yes, @MplsCustomer is correct and this behaviour is caused by a routine (automation) called 'Workday' that is normally set as deactivated by default. This particular routine comes as standard and is in built along with a number of others such as, 'Good morning', 'Commuting home' and a few others that you can see if you use the Google Home app. You cannot actually delete these built in automations but you can deactivate them although they can be modified. You can only fully delete automations if they have been manually created.

Automations can be quite useful for carrying out regular tasks at certain regular times or by the initiation of a command word, but it does take a bit of time to fully get the hang of them.