cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my Google Nest smoke detectors have disappeared from my account

osaele
Community Member

My account has been stable and working fine for over 3 years. Approximately 10 days ago I noticed in the Nest app that I was logged out. When logging in again all smoke detectors has disappeared. I suspect that my setup is on a separate Nest-account, because I am now logged in with my Google account. I forgot my Nest password, and the reset-password functionality does not work, so I logged in using Google. But - all devices are lost. What should I do now?

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@osaele 

My guess is that your devices are not lost, but are still attached to your original Nest account.

The most likely reason for not getting any response when attempting a password reset is that you are not using the correct email account. Have you used the home.nest.com website on your computer in the past? If so, your email address and password may be saved there.

Thanks for your advice. I think you are right about the devices are on my other account. However, I have used the correct email address, so it looks like the problem is the reset password functionality by Google Nest. Do you have any idea how that can be fixed?

@osaele 

The only reason I know of for why you wouldn't get a reset email is if the email address you entered is not on Google Nest's account database, but you could try contacting Support to see if the password reset functionality is broken, or whether they can trigger a password reset email:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Thank you so much, I’ll give it a try 

I tried. Used almost 2 hours in a chat with support. They actually cant help me. Simply unbelievable from Google, disgraceful. Sounds more like a garage startup than multi trillion dollar biz.

This experience alone tells me that you should never think of buying Nest Protect devices. Insane price compared to service level.