The setup is Google Home, with Hive products (lights and thermostat). App is on android.
The setup has been stable for over a year. however after the update to 18.104.22.168 the home app has removed the thermostat and replaced it with two items, hot water and receiver, that say offline.
The Hive products (lights and thermostat) appear correctly in the Hive app and also in Alexa
I've cleared the cache in Home, location services are enabled rebooted the phone, disconnected Hive from Home, uninstalled Home, installed Home and reconnected Hive.
The issue still exists. I don't think it's a Hive issue because the lights are working and the Thermostat Works correctly in the Hive app and in Alexa, also the hot water device does not exit in Hive Or Alexa and receiver. exits in Hive Devices but not in the User Controls.
I'm connected to the same WiFi and all other devices are fine.
I had this issue for over six months. First the heating and hot water icons were removed from their allocated room, but I was able to put them back. Then I was unable to put them back, and raised a question in the google home forum. After a while there was a post from a moderator that this was a known issue.
A google home update fixed the issue and since then no issues.
When the issue first started I was getting a message, in the home app, that my wife (it gave her gmail address), had removed the icons from the home (she hadn’t), so if there’s anyone else who you have shared home with check their device to see if you can change things through their home app.
Thanks for that, Have checked Marie's Phone, same version of the Home App and same Devices displayed,
Annoyingly no error messages and the Home App update appears to be the cause of the Broken Hive Thermostat as its Only The Home App with the Issue, Hive and Alexa OK.
Oh well lets see if it is another "Undocumented Feature" due to an Upgrade.
I hope it doesn't take 6 months to fix
Apologies for the wait, I sent this information to our engineering team and they had to speak with Hive as it is not an issue with our product.
They came back asking if you would please disconnect and reconnect to ensure that you are pulling the latest fixes for Hive. If the issue still persists then Hive will need to pull logs from you individually to see where the problem may lie.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the update, Mark1965. I imagine that info will be quite helpful for others here as well. I'm sorry it's not the answer you were looking for, but I appreciate you sharing it here.
For everyone struggling still, take a look at Mark1965's latest post and see if that might explain the situation going on. Let me know if you have any questions.
I have messaged them.
Judging by previous experience we wont get very far. I have had it with Hive, my hub is faulty & has to be rebooted every day due to a software bug, the fix is for my to buy a new one at a cost of £60
Would be nice if the nice people at Nest would do a deal on a Nest Thermostat for Hive people to migrate.
AT last a reply from Hive, the 3rd line team have advised "the issue is linked to Nano 1 hub caching. Your thermostat is dropping offline regularly and nano 1 hubs don't report device changes to Google Home."
The solution is to replace the hub at my cost.
I'm aware that my hub & thermostat are dropping offline regularly, The recommendation from Hive was to put the hub on a time switch to reboot it daily as it drops off the internet.
Time to draw a line under Hive & move on.
Hope this helps others.
Same here. Google Home claims I removed the Hive Thermostat and a Hive plug.
It appears not to be connected to Hive at all now, and if I try to put it back I get "could not reach Hive, please try again".
Initially logged a ticket with Hive, they ran diagnostics, remote rebooted my Hive 360 and checked it was up to date and talking to them ok. They could not find a fault so asked me to log a ticket with google. So did this. After a 2.5 hour support chat with Google the issue is resolved. In my google account we could see that even though I was getting the "Could not reach Hive" message it was showing the link on my google account 3rd party connections status page. We tried rebooting absolutely everything, router, hub 360, smart plugs, phone. Removing and re-installing Hive, Google Home, Google and Google Assistant. It was then spotted that I had a smart plug and a Chromecast on the same TV. I had named the Chromecast "Living Room Chromecast" and the plug "Living room TV" I was advised that the Living room chromecast would also respond to Living room TV as its name and so the two items could be in conflict. We tried renaming the plug but that didnt fix it. We then unlinked Hive from google on my accounts page, removed the plug from Hive, manufacturer reset it, re added it to Hive with a different name, then tried to re-link hive from Google Home and everything sprang back into life.
They recommended including the word plug in the name of any smart plug so that Google Home understands it better and to watch out for naming conflicts e.g. a Chromecast knows it will be in a TV so will respond to commands calling out the TV. It took a long time to fix, but was impressed that Google support were prepared to put in the time and effort to get me up and running again. Since doing this all is working fine again