My Nest Connect is offline, I have tried everything from factory reset to closing the app, to shutting down my phone. I follow the instructions and unplug the connect the light flashes blue for a long time then just goes off, it does not turn green or yellow. I have wasted hours trying to get this to work. I am very dissatisfied with this product.
When I try to connect to the wifi I get the error code NA023. All my other nest products are still working
Hey there bw1111,
I'm so sorry to hear about the error code you've been getting with your Nest Connect, let's get this sorted out.
In the meantime, you can follow the steps I listed below:
Let us know how it goes.
Hi Garrett -
I understand that these issues can be confusing but I definitely wanted to stop by and see how I could help.
Just wanted to double check to see if you were still needing help on this? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?
Please let me know.
Thanks for letting me know what you have done.
Just to double check, would you mind going through these steps in this order?
Please make sure that you are connecting the Nest Connect on the 2.4GHz band. Reset your Nest Connect. Sign out of the Nest app. Remove the Nest app from your phone.
Also, I know that you have a case open with Nest Support, would you mind providing that Case Id to me as well?
I look forward to hearing from you.
thanks for replying. I have a ticket open with Nest Support since last Friday but this has not been resolved yet, it has been escalated to the senior team apparently. Below is the list of things I have tried.
- resetting the Connect multiple times
- Removing the Nest App from my phone and reinstalling it
- trying multiple devices to install, a Pixel5, a OnePlus 8pro, an Ipad and an older Pixel2xl....always the same error message "NA023"
- Turning on the Airplane mode on my phone and then trying to connect via Wifi
-using my phone as a hotspot and using another phone to connect to the 2.4 Ghz Wifi Signal and then attempting to set up the connect.
- Turning off the 5Ghz radio on my Wifi router so it only broadcasts a 2.4Ghz signal for setup
- creating a new "home" on my nest account that does not have any other devices on it and then trying to set up
- making my Wifi network and "open" network without any security to try and set up.
I have tried different permutations of the above steps on multiple devices but nothing seems to work. Been a very frustrating few days with what seems to be a beautiful piece of hardware being killed by a Connect module that just refuses to be set up! Another day or two and I have half a mind to go return this to home Depot and Buy an August lock! I did have an August lock before and the Motor Died on it after 4 years, so the thought was to get a nest lock so that I can operate all the devices from one App.....I already have the Doorbell and Thermostat.
Do you have anything I can try that I may not have thought of above?