cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest doorbell (battery) and Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd gen) compatibility issue

Eloftis
Community Member

I am having a compatibility issue with my Nest doorbell (battery) and my Nest learning thermostat (3rd gen). I installed my doorbell first, and had no issues adding it to my home in the Google Home app. I was also able to install my thermostat, get it on wifi, and have it operating correctly. However, whenever I would try to add the thermostat to the Nest app, it would attempt to use an assisting Nest device (the only other nest branded device in my house is the doorbell), I would get an error message that it was unable to connect to the assisting device. Previous posts on the forum suggested removing the doorbell from the Google home app, adding the thermostat to the Nest app, then re-adding the doorbell. I was able to successfully add the thermostat to the Nest app after removing the doorbell from the Google Home app, but when I try to re-add the doorbell to the Home app, I have the same issue I was previously having with the thermostat. It attempts to use an assisting device, but is unable to connect. I have attempted this on my ISP router's 2.4GHz band, as well as my Google Home wifi. I also tried creating a new home within the Home app just for the doorbell, with no success.

I am just about at my wits end with this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0