cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unlinked Google to Nest

avisilber1
Community Member

All of my devices are saying there connected to the nest app. I removed the nest from my google and cannot restore it. 

Do I need to make a new Home and set up each device? 

And then to I need to move all other google products from the google home over to the new home

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@avisilber1 

I'm just another customer.  It's not clear what you mean by "removed the nest from my google" and "cannot restore it". But if all you did was to remove a Google Nest device (such as your thermostat) from your Google Nest "home" by selecting "Remove [device]" in the Google Nest app, you should be able to go into the Google Nest app, select "Settings", select "Add product", and follow the prompts to add your device back to your Google Nest "home".

avisilber1
Community Member

So I removed the nest from my Google account. And now when I'm trying to log back into the nest account I don't have any of my thermostats cameras smoke detectors. 

I look at each device they show that they're connected to an app.

@avisilber1 

It's not clear what you actually did, or what your current situation is. You say you don't have any of your devices (showingin the Google Nest app??), but each device says they show they're connected to an app. What app? The Google Nest app? If you can't see them in the Google Nest app, where are you seeing that each device is connected?

avisilber1
Community Member

ok so I have 2 apps the google home, and the nest app. I removed the next app that was linked to my google. When tried to log back in to the Nest app I cannot access any of my devices or see the home. 

@avisilber1 

It's not clear what you mean by "linked to my google".

Deleting the Google Nest app from your phone and then re-installing it and logging back in with the same credentials as you used before should not have had any effect on which devices you see. You should see the same thing you saw before.

We log into the Google Nest app and the Google Home app with the same gmail account and password, and we see the same Google "home" and the same devices in both apps. (The only difference, of course, is that our older cameras and doorbells can only be administered in the Google Nest app.)

We have only one "home". If you have more than one home, then you are able to select the "home" you want to view when you log into either the Google Nest app or the Google Home app.