cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can only see snapshot images of events and not the video of the event

Brian76
Community Member

I purchased 1yr basic Nest Aware subscription. Events are being captured and are available but I can only see snapshot images and not a video of the event. When I had the 30 day free trial I was able to click on an event and it would show the video of that event. How do I get that same video access? I am not looking for 24/7 video access, all I want is to see the videos of the events.

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Brian76 

Is your Nest Aware subscription for the same Google Nest "home/structure" on the same Google Account as your doorbell?

If you go to the Subscription Management page below and click on your subscription, it will show the name of your Google Nest "home/structure".

If you're getting snapshot images, you must have the Google Nest Hello Doorbell.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Maybe confirm that Nest actually thinks your Nest Aware subscription is active?    To do this go into  the GOOGLE HOME app and click on the Settings (Gear) in the lower right corner.  Scroll down to SUBSCRIPTIONS and select it.  Then click on NEST AWARE and it will tell you at the very top what you status.

Let me know what it says.

Also, MplsCustomer asked an important question. Do you use the NEST APP or the GOOGLE HOME app to access you camera(s)?

If I have just purchased the best aware will it show full video clips from earlier today? I see it has a 3 minute video but it’s only showing me about 5 seconds worth of that clip. Thanks. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

No, it will only shows recorded clips from the time you actually activated it.    

Can you remind me are you using the NEST app or the GOOGLE HOME app?

I’m using the google home app. Even since I have purchased the nest aware it’s taking forever for my videos to show. They keep saying unavailable. I’m thinking it’s my internet and that I may have to go with another product. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, what kind of internet do you have?  Who is your provider and what are the Up and Down Speeds.   The reason I ask is if the problem is the internet then you may have the same issue with other cameras since they all pretty much work the same way.

Also, forgive me if you already answered this but what version of the Google Home app are you one?   The easiest way to see this go into the Google Home app, Click the GEAR settings in the lower right corner and then click on the SUPPORT tab.  There it will show the version down in the App Info section.