cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t see camera in Live mode

Joderina
Community Member

Hi all. 
I have set up zones for motion on my outdoor battery Nest Cam. I can watch back the event recordings from from iPhone with no problem. However, when I try to switch to watch the camera in ‘live video’ mode it doesn’t connect and I get a message saying: Live video is not available. The camera may be unreachable or battery saving. 
I don’t think that it’s unreachable as the recordings work fine (and live video worked fine for the first couple of days). My battery power is 66%. 

3 REPLIES 3

JohnR2
Community Member

This happened to me. I have a Google mesh router. The setting in the router needs to be changed for video and gaming preferences. 

Screenshot_20220907-235603.png

 deselect the boxes above. 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Joderina 

There are other reports in this forum from customers reporting the same thing. My impression is that the camera doesn't function well on battery power.

We've had a Google Nest Camera (Battery) for a year now, plugged in all the time with the optional power cable, and it is "Live" all the time with the battery at 77% to 100% in winter and summer.

My doorbell did not work correctly until I changed the settings in the Google mesh router. Only  history video was available