cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cars broken into no alert or recording

Kingrichard
Community Member
  • Nest cam didn't detect or record a break in of our cars. Camera points right at both cars in driveway. Have an aware subscription. Neighbors ring camera caught it but too far to see details. Is there a way to get footage during a set time?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return this POS toy cam and get something instead.  This POS has failed for me multiple multiple times as well.   I SPENT $600 ON 3 of these POS's and extra cables, chargers etc and they are a joke.  Well $600 and a break in that is not recorded is not a joke.

The "experts" here are no help.  They ask scripted questions, are clueless, get paid by the post and lock the thread with no resolution.

Do yourself a favor and return this POS and get something more reliable

Carebear
Community Member

Ya it shocks me that even Amazon coming to my front door with the ring isn’t even caught on camera… hello??? 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I'm and end user like you and have run into that problem when I first got the cameras years ago.  I can tell you there is no way to get back that lost footage (many have tried. If you search this forum you will see).   It is for this reason that I pay the extra money and get the 24/7 Recording offered by Nest Aware PLUS.  This way I never miss anything  I need to look at even though the camera might miss it.   Incidentally I have tried many cameras from other companies and they all miss recording an event from time to time from my experience.  That is way 24/7 recording is critical.  As far as I know Google Nest and EUFY are the only products that do this.