cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floodlight camera is wired but battery runs out

Dmart
Community Member

I recently installed a floodlight camera wired, and shortly after the the floodlight controls disappeared from the app and now the camera battery is draining. I did  factory reset  ut this did not help has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone got a fix for this? Thinking of returning asap 

12 REPLIES 12

AlexBaird
Community Member

Try uninstall/reinstall of the app, or it might have an update ready. 

Alex Baird

Dmart
Community Member

The unit is definitely defective been talking to reps and no solutions were found i will be returning the unit

Dmart
Community Member

Update i am returning this item. I believe i have a defective unit 

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds like it was not wired correctly. If you replaced, or installed new wiring, the camera should never be on battery power unless there is a loss of power. It should display an infinity symbol under the batter setting (in settings). The fact that it slowly died over a period of days sounds like there never was power. It comes charged and allows you to set it up even on battery power, but will eventually die if power is not supplied. I have 6 of them and they all work fine.

MianBao
Community Member

You might find this topic interesting:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-floodlight-Camera-runs-out-of-batt...

@Dmartdid getting a new unit resolve the problem?

It seems as though a lot of us are having this issue.

Dmart
Community Member

@MianBao yes, i have the new connected and have not had any issues.

MianBao
Community Member

Thanks @Dmart .  I'm on chat support with Nest right now and we've determined that my unit is also defective. For others on the thread, I tried: 

• Uninstall and reinstall the device
  • Reset the camera (while plugged in)
  • Confirmed that the device was getting power by remotely turning on the floodlights

Based on that we determined that the camera was defective so I'm getting return information on it now. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, it's been about 90 minutes so far. 

MianBao
Community Member

Capping this off, I replaced the defective unit with a new unit and it's functioning perfectly.

kokotan
Community Member

Thank you!  How long did it take to obtain a replacement from Google?

MianBao
Community Member

Hey @kokotan , I had actually purchased 2 cameras, so I just opened the 2nd one and stuck it into the fixture that was set up for the first one. I'm sending the defective one back today. Google says once they receive it, it will take them 2 days to send a new one. I'll report back here for the total time (unless I forget!) 🙂

Why offer solutions for doorbell issues when the stated problem on this thread is for floodlight cameras? Did you even read the thread?

kokotan
Community Member

Can you please help re-open the thread below?  Your community is contributing to help troubleshoot and it isn't resolved.  No reason for it to be closed.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-floodlight-Camera-runs-out-of-batt...