cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest with floodlight, no QR or 6 digit code

TSWIZZLE
Community Member

No QR or Setup Code on Nest Cam with Floodlights.I had installed my flood light camera by electrician.  Once he had installed he had throw away QR code sticker.Now I have change my internet company and looking for QR code or activate code on back of flood light camera>i do not see that.

I looked everywhere on the camera and no 6 digit code. I spent an hour with support for them to tell me my $250 camera is worthless now.

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Unfortunately, you need the QR code or setup key to add it to the app. The QR code would've been on a sticker that would have been affixed to the front lens of the camera. If that sticker was thrown away, then you’ll need the setup key that is physically printed on the bottom of the camera itself. 

If your camera is still in the app (i.e. you haven't removed it yet), you'll need to do that first:

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. Tap the Devices tab.
  3. Tap and hold your camera > 3 dot menu > settings cog > Remove device.
  4. As the camera will be offline as you've changed Wi-Fi already, you'll need to factory reset it if you haven't already done so:
    Restart or factory reset Nest camera or doorbell - Google Nest Help

Once you have either the QR code or setup key:

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. Tap the Devices tab.
  3. Tap + Add.
  4. Tap New device.
  5. Follow the steps in the app.

TSWIZZLE
Community Member

Didn't I say the QR code was gone? Google support is trash. I found the code so in the future if anyone is looking for it and finds this question.  the code is under the white strip between the power connector and the anti theft screw. You have to unplug the power connector and lift the white strip to be able to see the code.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@TSWIZZLE 

There SHOULD BE a 6-character alphanumeric Setup Code on the BOTTOM of the battery camera and the floodlight camera.  You will probably have to dismount it in order to read it.

See the video on the page below, starting at about 1:20; the size and color of the code are exaggerated in the video:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/11003780