cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lost live video feed from my indoor cameras on my phone. I can view them on my laptop

Johnk2
Community Member

I lost the live feed from my indoor Nest devices from my phone. I can access them from my laptop. Anyone know what happened?

9 REPLIES 9

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Johnk2 

That seems odd.  What happens when you try to view your cameras? Is this in the Google Nest app or the Google Home app?

This is the Google Nest app. When I go to the Nest app th view the live feed as I had been, a screen comes up showing the home location. I went to settings and the spaces selection is turned off and will not toggle on. 

@Johnk2 

Do you by any chance have more than one Google Nest "home/structure"? If so, do you need to click on the "home/structure" dropdown and select the "home/structure" you were previously using? It should be the same "home/structure" that displays on the home.nest.com website.

You could also try deleting and reinstalling your Google Nest app.

If you can't resolve the issue, then you could try contacting Support, using the link and instructions in this post:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

Yes I do have nest accounts in 2 locations. I have been trying numerous things the last 2 weeks. The issue I believe started when I was installing new nest outdoor cameras at one of the locations. I lost live feed ar both locations. I installed the new cameras with the Google home app.

@Johnk2 

Do you have separate Nest Accounts for each location, or do you have two Google Nest "homes/structures" on the same Nest Account?

When you installed the new battery cameras in the Google Home app, had you previously migrated your Nest Account to a Google Account? If you had NOT migrated, then you have at least two Nest Accounts, your original, non-gmail Nest Account, and the Nest Account that got created automatically when you logged into the Google Home app using your gmail account and installed your battery cameras.

If you HAD already migrated your Nest Account to a Google Account, did you log into the Google Home app using the same gmail account you've been using to log into the Google Nest app with the "Sign in with Google" option?

If this does not make sense, try contacting Support.

Yes I have tried all that

@Johnk2 

Try contacting Support. It's hard with this kind of interchange to tell what's really happening in your situation.

I contacted support twice being on the phone at least 90 minutes each. They could not help. Very frustrating.

@Johnk2 

Well, if you are accessing the Google Nest app and the home.nest.com website using the same username and password, then you should have access to the exact same Google Nest "homes/structures" in each place.  I have seen a few cases in this forum where customers have inadvertently ended up with duplicate "homes/structure", one with a space at the end of the name and one without a space.  And one "home/structure", because it was inadvertently created, was empty, so the customer thought they had lost access, while the other "home/structure" contained all their Google Nest devices.

I've also seen a few cases where a customer's "home/structure" got corrupted on Google Nest's servers, though not with the symptoms you seem to be reporting.

You should also be able to see all of your Google Nest "homes/structures" on the "Public Preview" home.google.com website, where you can livestream all of your 1st gen and 2nd gen cameras, but cannot access history.  (If you've never migrated your Nest Account to a Google Account, and are still signing onto the Google Nest app with a non-gmail account, then your cameras will not appear on the home.google.com website.)