cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Aware 24/7 timeline not visible in Google home app

sebastienbo
Community Member

Hi,

I have a nest aware premium plus subscription which allows me to save clips AND 24/24h feed for 10 days.
For my cameras in the nest app there is no problem, i can see the history.

But google has recently migrated some devices such as the Nest cam wired to the home app.
They can not be added anymore in the nest app.

But in this Home app , i can only see clips, no 24/24h timeline.

On the box of the camera it states clearly 24/24H recording, so where can i access my 24/24h video feed?
If this is not true I want a refund for both cameras and i close my nest aware account subscription.

To be clear, it is NOT a camera problem! I'm saying that in the google home app there is NO Option to view 24/24h video feed of the last 10 days like we had in the nest app. There is also no nest website anymore to watch the video feeds.
I can see in the google home app in the settings of my camera, in the "video" device feature that I have "60-day event and 10-day 24/7 video history" on that camera. 

Please discuss this with your engineers from nest-aware AND google home app.

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user like you.   You are correct on a lot of what you are seeing.  Currently the newer website Home.Google.com does not show recorded events or let you save clips. 

However the GOOGLE HOME app does let you save clips and view the 24/7 footage.  You just need to update the GOOGLE HOME app and sign up for the PREVIEW option.   Here is a link that gives you the details.  

Let me know if this works for you.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Need-help-downloading-video-for-Fire-De...

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user like you.   You are correct on a lot of what you are seeing.  Currently the newer website Home.Google.com does not show recorded events or let you save clips. 

However the GOOGLE HOME app does let you save clips and view the 24/7 footage.  You just need to update the GOOGLE HOME app and sign up for the PREVIEW option.   Here is a link that gives you the details.  

Let me know if this works for you.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Need-help-downloading-video-for-Fire-De...

Thank you, updating the home app made appear a new button, which allows me to scroll through the timeline. (although the icon is not very clear and is hidden within the clips history part)