cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam Battery immediately event pop up

RunnY
Community Member

Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding the nest cam battery. Is it possible to see a live picture of the cam immediately if a event is detected. I'd like to see a Fullscreen live image on my Android tablet in case of an moving object in front of the cam.  Similar to the nest doorbell. The tablet is in sleep mode (for saving battery) and has to wake up, just in the second the event is happening.

Is this possible?

RunnY

3 REPLIES 3

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Runny,  I'm an end user like you.   Just to clarify,  right now you should be getting an alert that it sees motion and then you have to click to see the live feed. Are you asking for it to just pop the image up without you interacting?   I don't believe there is a way to that but it would a nice feature.

Inside the App there is a FEEDBACK button. That is the only place you can go to my knowledge to make such a request that goes to the google folks.

Yes, exactly like this. In Germany I am not able to use the nest doorbell because of legal issues. In my case the doorbell would film the sidewalk in front of my yard. And that's not allowed. But I could install a nest cam battery a little bit higher under a porch roof, so the cam never could film the sidewalk. If my tablet, right next to the door, would show up a live picture if someone enters my yard, it would be nice solution. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Runny,  I would suggest you purchase it and try it for a few days and if it doesn't work for you then return it.