cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam

deniseboag
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

My nestcam went offline today for about 5 Horus so I deleted it out of my home with the intention of readding it. The issue is I can't get it readded. 

I try putting it through the nest app, I proceed with the 6 digit code and then it asks me to select the last 4 digits of the serial number but there's nothing to select. It's just a white screen. I've tried adding it on the computer and it just doesn't start the install. I've tried adding it directly into Google home and it won't find my device 

Im lost. 

Screenshot_20220407-200200_Nest.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

S3bryan
Community Member

Let’s try doing a complete reset of the camera.  Which model do you have?

deniseboag
Community Member

Hi Bryan, 

I've done a reset using the button on the back of the unit several times with no success. I have the Indoor/outdoor wire free security cam. I believe the issue is not being able to assign it to the nest app, that's where I'm having trouble. As soon as I get to the screen that says to choose the last 4 digits of the SN the screen is blank and I'm unable to proceed. 

Any chance you have another device you can load the nest app on? They just did an update to the app. Trying to isolate if the updated app is the cause. You can also borrow a friends phone.  You can log in to your account to try.  Then when done just log out.  Let me know 

Yes, 

I have tried on 3 mobile devices as well as plugging it directly into my computer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app itself and unfortunately nothing works. 

Just to clarify if you are using the newer wire free nest camera that only works for the Google Home app.  I want to make sure we are on the same page

deniseboag
Community Member

During the initial install I went through the nest app which auto populated into the Google home app. 

I have tried entering it as a new device in the home app as well and the app isn't finding the cam at all. It continues to search and eventually says something like "make sure you're close to the battery" and I'm sitting directly beside it. 

Guster
Community Member

I'm having the same issue when trying to use the Next App on my new Indoor Nest Cam (wired). Using a Google Pixel phone device.
I get to the place where the app asks for the last four digits of the device serial number, but there's no place to input same.
Works fine with Google Home, though...

Unfortunately mine wouldn't work on either platform, I ended up having to do a complete factory reset and that solved the issue. 

Yikes. Maybe I'll just stick with Google Home. 
Thanks 👍

S3bryan
Community Member

Because the camera you purchased is a google nest camera.  It’s not a nest camera.  That’s why it won’t work with the nest app.  Google does follow normal procedures nor about customer needs