cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Camera (Battery) Won't turn on.....

frustratedmom
Community Member

I am unsure why Google messed with these camera and the Nest platform.  Purchased two of these cameras and I can't for the life of me to get the cameras to turn on (using them plugged in)  I have spent 6+ hours on the phone with support to no avail... It sets up perfectly but then when you hit finish you can't turn on the camera.... Please help anyone - It's already bad enough having to use google home that crashes every 3 time you open it... It's the saying if it's not broken don't fix it 

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@frustratedmom 

I'm just another customer who is not happy with the Google Home app, but it never crashes on our iPhones. Have you considered removing and re-installing the Google Home app?  I did it once when when I quit getting notifications and it was pretty painless.

@MplsCustomer  I have an iPhone and it goes in waves - I have uninstalled the app and re installed it - removed everything from it and reinstalled it - 

isaac976
Community Member

Maybe I am jumping to conclusion, I saw that if the metal base plate is not a fixed properly the cam won't turn. I've seen some people complaining about faulty metal base plate. 

I'm not using the magnet mount - using a approved mount but all the set up works and when they tell you to undock and redock then I get the camera is 100% charged but the options to turn on don't work.  I'm game for anything now - it's just when you call it's like they are reading a book and honestly have no clue 

We can go to device information > camera mount > other mount then camera will now be able to be turned on without the magnetic mount