cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Door Bell Camera Peeling

GlenCaffey
Community Member

This what happens when you try to get Nest to replace a Door Bell Cam that is peeling, a product issue that only occurs beyond Warranty.  They need to be Recalled and they know it.  

Hi! Welcome to Doorbell support. My name is Hollie. For future reference, your case ID is 5-############2495. How are you today?

Hollie · 2:32 PM

Good thanks, My nest door camera is delaminating, my son's did them same and you replaced his. how can I get mine replace, Glen Caffey

2:33 PM

H

I can understand that your Nest Doorbell is peeling off.

Hollie · 2:34 PM

Yes

2:34 PM

H

I am sorry that you have to experience this. I'll surely do my best to help you out in this situation.

Please help me with the serial number of your Nest Hello doorbell.

You can find the serial number above the QR code at the rear side of the device.
Also in the App, open "Nest App", "Select product", "Settings", Technical info.

Hollie · 2:35 PM

Model Nest Doorbell (wired)
Serial no. 19AA01AE29180LVG
Software 4110054
MAC 6416666b35ce
IP 192.168.1.9

2:37 PM

H

Thank you.

Could you help me with a picture of your Nest Hello doorbell?

Hollie · 2:38 PM

Just took one with my cell phone, working on sending it to you. Glen

2:40 PM

H

Sure. Take your time.

I haven't heard from you for a while, are you still with me?

Hollie · 2:45 PM

Glen Nest Door Camera Feb 2022.jpg

Did it come over? Glen

2:46 PM

H

Yes, thank you.

Is the product new, or has it been installed or working for some period of time?

Hollie · 2:49 PM

Installed about 1 year ago

2:49 PM

H

Alright. May I know where the Doorbell was purchased?

Hollie · 2:50 PM

Costco

2:50 PM

H

Okay. Was there a damage in the packaging?

Hollie · 2:50 PM

No looked just fine when I opened it.

2:50 PM

H

Alright. May I know if the device was accidentally damaged somehow?

Hollie · 2:52 PM

My son got one around the same time and his peeled about 3 months ago and you replaced it

No just peeling

2:52 PM

H

I can understand your point. May I know if it is affecting the video quality?

Does the Nest Hello Doorbell video show strange artifacts (Example: colors, lines, blank, or black areas)?

Hollie · 2:53 PM

The picture is a bit fuzzy

If you zoom in on the photo you can see it may be caused by the peeling.

2:56 PM

H

Thank you for letting me know.

The next best step would be sending a replacement if the doorbell is under warranty.

To check on the warranty, I would require your consent of approval, can you please check your email and approve the request to access the account details?

Hollie · 2:58 PM

Looking now, Glen

Just gave you permission.

2:59 PM

H

Thank you.

I see the doorbell warranty has expired on Jan 01, 2020. I'm sorry that we will not be able to proceed with it. In this case, I recommend you to purchase a new Nest Hello doorbell.

Hollie · 3:00 PM

You replaced my sons for free and he bought his two months before I got mine. Can you forward this matter to your manager

3:02 PM

H

I genuinely understand the inconvenience you have faced. If I had an option I would definitely help you with that. As the doorbell warranty expired we will not be able to process the replacement for you.

Hollie · 3:03 PM

Forward this to Management Please

3:04 PM

H

Alright. Please allow me 2 minutes while I check with my senior support team

Hollie · 3:06 PM

Thank you very much, I am 73 year old retired Admiral Caffey.

3:06 PM

H

My pleasure!

Thank you for your time.

I'll go ahead and transfer the chat to our senior support team.

Hollie · 3:10 PM

You are the Best, Thanks

3:10 PM

H

Thank you. I just initiated the transfer, please stay connected.

Hollie · 3:12 PM

You’re connected with agent Simon.

3:13 PM

Hollie left the chat.

3:13 PM

S

Hi Glen, thank you for contacting Google Nest support. I'm Simon from the Senior support team.

Simon · 3:14 PM

Will do, I worked for Toyota Motor company for 30 years and we sometime had to repair or replace cars well beyond the warranty.

3:14 PM

S

Please allow me two minutes while I will review the previous conversation details and help you further, to make sure you don’t have to repeat the information provided.

Simon · 3:14 PM

Thanks

3:15 PM

S

Thank you for staying online.

I have gone through the previous conversation, so we should not repeat the same again.

Simon · 3:16 PM

No one at Nest could have predicted this peeling would happen. But to keep your customer Satisfaction high you need to replace this one

3:16 PM

S

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with the doorbell peeling off.

I definitely understand how it is for you and I'm sorry to say that we are unable to replace the doorbell as the doorbell is out of warranty.

Simon · 3:18 PM

This is a product failure that happened beyond warranty but still needs to be replaced to keep your reputation in place.

3:19 PM

S

If there would be any other ways to help you with the replacement, I could have suggested that for you.

Simon · 3:20 PM

Please move this case up to your Manager for their review. I authorized many claims well beyond the printed warranty to keep my customers happy.

3:22 PM

S

I completely understand how it is for you and I'm sorry for this inconvenience caused.

I really wish I could have any options for me to help with this case, I could have definitely suggested that for you.

Simon · 3:22 PM

You have a Manager I want you to move this up for them to get involved.

3:23 PM

S

I can understand how it feels in this situation and I'm sorry for this inconvenience caused.

Simon · 3:25 PM

Are you moving my case up to Management

3:26 PM

S

I've given you the answer, and I have other customers who need my assistance, so I'll be ending this chat now. Thank you for contacting Google support and have a good day.

Simon · 3:27 PM

Simon left the chat.

0 REPLIES 0