Hi, new to this forum.
Today is probably the coldest day of the year/in a while in Toronto. My Nest Hello (wired version from at least 3 years ago) is suddenly cutting out for the first time ever. When I check the recording history, it basically looks like 2-3minutes recorded, 2-3mins offline/missing recordings.
Here's what's happening:
- the blue light around the button is mostly on
- doorbell chime outside mostly works
- doorbell chime for mechanical unit doesn't work
- doorbell alerts from other indoor Google home speakers is intermittent
- when I tried re-setting the wifi, it kept disconnecting
Is the issue the cold weather (which hasn't happened in the past 3 years)? If so, how does it explain why only the outdoor chime is working (vs the indoor mechanical / Google Home announcements)? Do those two alert methods require stable Wifi? And is the cold weather only impacting the Wifi (vs other capabilities that rely on the wiring?
Any clues would be great so I can figure out how to fix. Thanks!
I apologize for my late response and thank you for all of your patience while waiting for a reply. I definitely understand how frustrating your situation must be, and I wanted to make sure that your concern was acknowledged. Please look at this article on cold weather and charging.