cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest app cannot install on Samsung Galaxy S22

bobbyrab
Community Member

Hi all,

I start by saying that I had been on the phone with Google Nest support for about an hour and a half last night with no solution available. I simply cannot install the Nest app on my Samsung phone running Android 12.  After installation, the Nest logo appears on the top of the blue-screened sign-in page and I sign in using my Google credentials. I then allow all permissions and hit allow. Then, for a nano-second, there is some tiny  writing that says something like "continue to com.nest.android/oauth......................." and an instant later, the screen that appears is not the Nest app but the Google logo on top and the typical Google summary page with various articles. This is very frustrating and Google support has not been helpful. Any thoughts??

11 REPLIES 11

bobbyrab
Community Member

Oh, I have cleard the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the Nest app, try to sign in with another Google account, turned off wifi and try to use just cellular to no avail.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm,  I think this  has something to do with Google's 2-factor authorization process.   I think it trying to confirm that it is YOU attempting ton install and use the app.   I have never completely understood Google's process but you can start by logging into that GMAIL account and looking at your security settings.   If you can find 2-factor authentication and it is ON you can try turning it OFF and then going back to your phone app and trying again.  Or you can keep it on and see what it says about setting up your 2-factor settings.  I also think you can install the Google app on your phone and it will handle the request as well.  

Sorry I don't have more specifics but I think this is where the solution is.

If that ended up being the solution please return back here and let us know how it went.  It might help other people with the same issue.

bobbyrab
Community Member

Thanks for the reply EmptyNester! I did have 2-factor authorization for Google active and I turned it off and the Nest app still did not load. I will play around with my Google account settings and will let you know if I have any success.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, wow,,, I really thought that was it.  So the only other thing I can think of is to try and narrow it down but installing the app on another phone from a family member or friend be it iPhone or Samsung and see if it works that way.   What you will learn from this is if it is a problem with your specific phone or not. 

bobbyrab
Community Member

Yes, it DOES install no problem on my partner's i-Phone. It seems to be a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S22 running Android 12. I wish the folks at Google could come up with a solution. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmm,   I think you have moved the understanding of where the problem lays by doing that.  Is there any chance you could find someone else running Android 12 and just do a test to see if it works on their phone?  The idea is to isolate what it is about your phone that is stopping it from working.  There may be some setting somewhere that is preventing it from working on just your phone.

So far no luck in finding another Android 12 phone. I will continue to play with my Samsung Galaxy's settings and report back.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I'm still leaning towards this being an authorization thing based on your original description.  You might try calling Google again on a normal weekday and see if you get a difference Google tech that might have more knowledge on this.  It may not hurt to ask them to send you up the chain to the next level of tech support after you let them know how many hours you have spent on this.

hudson1970
Community Member

I have the same issue on a new Ultra 23

hudson1970
Community Member

I am getting this error on my Ultra 23 now. The app is usless

I think your best bet is to open a support ticket and speak with an actual Google Tech person.  Here is the link to get started and after you answer the questions there should be an option to speak with someone....

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp