cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Notification Delays

Lythamlatic
Community Member

We’ve got a NEST Hello doorbell (wired), but we’ve not got it connected to an internal doorbell.

As far as I can tell, the alert for the doorbell on my phone works straightaway when my phone is connected via Wi-Fi, but the ability to look at the video, or communicate via audio seems to be delayed by about 20s. 

In addition, if I’m not in the house, the notification itself seems to be very much more delayed. 

any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

yukoncornelius
Community Member

I'd like to know the answer too.  Also my google mini chime takes about 10 seconds to sound at the push again.

Piwie
Community Member

Similar issue here:

Google Nest Hello DoorCam (Wired) connected via wifi to my LAN. The Google Hub and mini are connected to the same wifi network (wifi speed tests result in 300 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload). 

- Mini & Hub respond within few seconds from pressing the doorbell. 
- Mobile apps send a notification with a bit delay but the video is never loaded fast enough to see who is in front of the door. Person is gone before I have video.

It is pretty useless like this. The Googe Nest Hello was best reviewed. This performance is far below what it should be. 

Currently comparing the performance between iPad mini 4 and Samsung S20 to see if there is a difference between iOS and Android. But first impression is that it seems to be more server sided. 

Piwie
Community Member

Screenshot_20220112-081054_Nest.jpg

 Topical situation where someone rings the doorbell and there is no video on my android phone for more than 5 minutes. 

Piwie
Community Member

Screenshot_20220112-081451_Nest.jpg

Another symptom: there is no history of events when I open the app while someone did ring the doorbell less than 10 minutes ago. 

Lythamlatic
Community Member

My internal network is fine too (I’m a network engineer), and my internet connection is better than most. I have to agree that it’s a server problem. Perhaps they’re too busy analysing the data to sell to respond promptly 🤣