cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Pink Video on new Gen 2 indoor wired nest camera

Gaze
Community Member

Both of my brand new nest cameras are having a strange colour shifting issue. The videos appear to have a pink hue to them, the image is doubled up and slightly shifted and there is a black bar at the bottom. 

Troubleshooting online I've come across a few explanations as to why this could be happening:

Temperature - This can't be the case as I'm using both cameras indoors and the temperature in my house is set to 20C / 68F.  The camera is not cold or hot to the touch either. 

Night Vision - I have the camera operating in a brightly lit space so I have the infrared set to off by default. In the interest of sorting out this issue I've toggled it on and off, set it to auto, set it to always on - this did not fix my issue. 

Reset / Factory Reset - This worked as a temporary solution. However it ultimately reverts back to how it was in a day or two. It probably goes without saying, but having to pull down the camera and reset it on a regular basis is not a proper solution to this issue. 

I purchased two of these cameras on November 20 and December 6 was when the pink hue first appeared on one of the cameras. A few hours later the pink hue disappeared but there was still a black bar at the bottom of the video and the video was doubled. An hour after that the video wen back to normal. The next day the pink colour shift returned - seemed to fix itself again a few hours later. The next day the colour shift returned -etc.

I wasn't around to trouble shoot the issue until a few days later. Trouble shooting offered the same results as not doing anything at all. 

Just today I noticed my second camera has started to do the same thing. 

I'm disappointed that I'm having to do any of this troubleshooting just a few weeks after buying these cameras. I've noticed that others are seem to having this issue. Is there a permanent solution to this issue? I may have to go with another camera system if these require a regular reset. 

Thank you,

Gaze

1 Recommended Answer

Gaze
Community Member

Just got off the phone with Google. Unfortunately there was no technical solution to fix this issue. I'm shipping all three units back to get a refund. I wish this story had a happier ending! 

Just to reiterate - this is not a problem with IR/Night Vision. This is a reoccurring issue with the Indoor Wired Nest Camera (Gen 2).

View Recommended Answer in original post

81 REPLIES 81

ksj0823
Community Member

I noticed in the recently few weeks, The pink issue is still there however it seems like it corrected itself within 30 minutes. Anyone one else?

Ligu
Community Member

I have seen this “autocorrection” within 10 minutes