cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please Help, tried everything cannot get my 2nd Nest Wired Doorbell connected

Myles88
Community Member

Hi All,

I apologize I was not able to post to another thread. I have two wired nest doorbells & a thermostat. I have spent hours/days and want to pull my hair out. I cannot get the front doorbell (which was the first product I installed to connect). I keep getting Bluetooth and/or connection errors. 

I bought and installed a new 24v transformer. Mine was a 10v and wouldn’t power both. I removed all devices from the app. Have restarted my phone, router, flipped the fuses box for the doorbell. Turned my phones Bluetooth on/off. Taken off the doorbell, reconnected it. All numerous times. 

I finally got the back doorbell and the thermostat connected but the front door won’t connect. The light is blue, it has power. It occasionally chimes, I cannot connect it to the app. I am going nuts! Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Myles88 

When you say the front door Nest Hello doorbell won't connect, what does that mean?  (On your other post, you mentioned a "power" error; what is that?  Are you by any chance getting a "cannot connect to assisting device" error? If so, lots of other customers are reporting this (https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/quot-Can-t-connect-to-assisting-device-...), and suggesting multiple solutions--some pretty disruptive and time-consuming, like removing all of their Google Nest devices--and some solutions have worked for some customers but not for others. Google Nest Support says they're still researching the issue.

The least painful solution I've seen posted, which worked for some, is to temporarily turn your installed working devices off (in the Google Nest app by turning the camera off under Settings, or, for a thermostat, select Off under Settings | Mode). This seems to work for some.

Another not-so-painful suggestion is making sure Bluetooth is turned on on your mobile device. Still others have suggested putting your phone in airplane mode temporarily and then turning Bluetooth and WiFi on.

I'm just another customer, and these connection errors haven't happened to us, so I can't recommend a solution. I just thought I'd pass on a couple of the least-disruptive suggestions, since Google Nest Support continues to not respond.