cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whats' the best way to re-align the camera after charging?

bessertier
Community Member

the battery cameras seem to be working great, however when I went to re-mount my camera, I realized that my zones might be off (and I was right). The Zones are recorded as an overlay of the camera, not in reference to anything in the image. so
1) What is best practice for re-mounting to ensure it's in the same orientation? I'm thinking maybe drawing some lines on the mount/camera that I'll line up when putting back... but any other ideas would be appreciated!!

2) feedback ideas:

1.   When editing a zone/viewing the zones, have the camera refresh every second or two so the image accounts for an in-moment adjustment.  (this will allow me to manually re-place the camera to the same orientation that it was in prior to being pulled to be charged).
  2. Do some image recognition to automatically adjust the zones to re-draw for a camera's placement alteration. (This would allow me to place the camera back in the general-same place and retain my zones) or
  3. Allow the camera to be swappable and let number 2's image recognition be across all the cameras (This would allow me to swap a backyard camera for a higher-priority front yard location, letting me choose which camera is down while charging).
2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

Having to re-do the zones every time I charged the battery was one of the reasons I bought a power cord and run it in wired mode. Another reason is having to climb a ladder just to charge the camera.

I can see that as a viable alternative. especially for the higher priority cameras .... I could run an extension cord to near the locations I guess, and charge them in place when needed, that's definitely not a bad idea!