cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest google cam

cwalker85
Community Member

my first camera was the nest cam-doorbell (wired). i have this setup through the home.nest.com website/app. i can also view it through the google home app. However, in order to cut and save clips through nest aware, i have to sue the nest site.

I recently purchased a nest outdoor battery camera. i cant connect it to the home.nest site. i can only do it through google home. Is this on purpose? There's way more usability with the nest app. Anyway to see them both there?

I subscribe to nest aware monthly. Shouldn't i be able to use that for both cams?

3 REPLIES 3

gusalbert
Community Member

Same problem here.  I have several nest cams accessible through the nest app.  Now purchased the google nest outdoor and have to use the google home app.  I can't see the google nest outdoor cameras on my nest app, even after logging in on the nest app through the google account.  I also can't find how to view google nest outdoor cameras on my laptop as those cameras don't show up on the home.nest.com address.  

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

The Google Nest doorbells and cameras that were released starting in the fall of 2021 work ONLY in the Google Home app, and NOT in the Google Nest app or on the home.nest.com website.

We bought a Google Nest Camera (Battery) in September 2021 and discovered this and now have to use 2 apps because we also have older Nest cameras and doorbells.

Google has posted its reasoning here (along with many customer reactions):

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Message-from-our-GM-Updates-for-our-Nest-customers/ba-p/...

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/New-Cameras-and-Google-Home-app/ba-p/4632

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

And because the new cameras work only with the Google Home app, you cannot cut and paste your own clips.  The only clips you can save are the event clips that Google Nest saves.  Also, you can only get 24/7 history (with a Nest Aware Plus subscription) if your Google Nest Camera (Battery) is plugged in all the time.  (We got the optional power cable.)